Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocksprings day hunts

Anyone ever been hunting out there?

Is that the name of an outfitter or you referring to the area?

Comment

The outfitter

Comment

rocksprings day hunts is the name of the outfitter?

Comment

Following.

Comment

Good info here.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Seems a little sketchy from the 50,000 foot view. May be legit and I’d be willing to book something if anybody can verify they are Legit.

Comment

The hunts are heavily advertised on Craigslist.

A coworker took his dad on this hunt. They didn't see anything except squirrels. If I recall correctly it's a small property.

Interesting that there aren't any LDPs on the Facebook page.

Comment

a lot of that area is hunted out. A buddy had a place up there that was 50 acres. It was one of 40 plots sold when a 2000 acre property was divided up. My buddy would bring probably 10 people out there hunting a year over a few different trips. Then you think about the other 39 property owners doing the same type of thing, and you're looking at likely several hundred people hunting 2000 acres. The 2nd year they found out a couple of the properties at the front were offering day hunts, and everything that moved was getting killed. For some reason the hunting wasn't very good in their area of rocksprings. It wouldn't surprise me if this is one of those types of places. My buddy had axis on his cameras as well. about 4 times in 4 years, and never saw one on person. it would be a hell of a racket to sell axis hunts during the offseason at a discount price on a place which hardly ever has axis on it.

Comment

where is said property? there arent many legit day hunts offered in the western part of the county

Comment

Heard these places have fees that they dont advertise also. I have no knowledge of this about this specific place, just day hunts in general.

Comment

I've looked a little deeper into it and I wouldn't touch this one with a 10 ft pole

Comment

I'll bet in town this weekend and see what they say at the feed store

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                            I'll bet in town this weekend and see what they say at the feed store
                            What did the feed store folks say?

Comment

Working...
                            X