Ft Worth Stockyards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ft Worth Stockyards

Going this Saturday for my birthday. Does anywhere besides Riscky’s steakhouse do calf fries? We are planning on eating at the H3 or Los Vaqueros…..but kind of craving calf fries.

And if any of y’all are going to be in the stockyards this Saturday night, shoot me a pm if y’all wanna grab a beer or 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check with the Star Cafe, and Horseshoe Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Check with the Star Cafe, and Horseshoe Hill.
      thanks!

Comment

Horseshoe Hill shows to be permantly closed

Comment

Man we went down there about a month ago on a weekend, and just too many people for me. 2-3 hour wait times for the good restaurants, way more people out on the street than I remember there being years ago. That said, it's a fun experience. We had the kids, probably cut down on the fun factor for us. Get reservations ahead of time!

Comment

Cattlemens has them or did back in the day.

Comment

Use to love the H3 now its owned by the Drover under that umbrella. IMO its already going down hill. They cut my favoirite from the menu still bitter about that one.

I like the Lonesome Dove but its a pain to get into. Like others have said not sure why but much more crowded than it use to be.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                Horseshoe Hill shows to be permantly closed

I have not been down there in years.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                  Use to love the H3 now its owned by the Drover under that umbrella. IMO its already going down hill. They cut my favoirite from the menu still bitter about that one.

I like the Lonesome Dove but its a pain to get into. Like others have said not sure why but much more crowded than it use to be.

I noticed that the website looked different and couldn’t find the menus. What did they cut?

We have been several times. Always eat at Riscky’s because I like the calf fries. Have eaten at the H3 before also.

I have noticed they have several new places to eat. Any hole in the wall joints we should try?

What’s y’all opinion of Los Vaqueros vs Joe T Garcias?

Comment

Los Vaqueros for the food, Joe T’s for the scenery.

Comment

Joe t's is nice, but the wait is forever long. Only serve a fajita plate or an enchilada plate. But, it's pretty good. Neat atmosphere (outdoor that's indoors) and the 'scenery' is usually pretty good. Parking is a nightmare and did I mention the line to get in is miserably long?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                        I noticed that the website looked different and couldn’t find the menus. What did they cut?

We have been several times. Always eat at Riscky’s because I like the calf fries. Have eaten at the H3 before also.

I have noticed they have several new places to eat. Any hole in the wall joints we should try?

What’s y’all opinion of Los Vaqueros vs Joe T Garcias?

Cattlemans platter. Its just what i always got if i didnt get a steak. They cut some other stuff that i cant remember. Supposedly they are going to spend some money on it new AC etc. We went a month ago and poured sweat at 9pm sitting there eating.

Los Vaqueros is my go to for mexican. I agree with Dale 100%

I will say the old stables they turned into stores etc is pretty cool. Biscuit bar is kinda neat for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                          Cattlemans platter. Its just what i always got if i didnt get a steak. They cut some other stuff that i cant remember. Supposedly they are going to spend some money on it new AC etc. We went a month ago and poured sweat at 9pm sitting there eating.

Los Vaqueros is my go to for mexican. I agree with Dale 100%

I will say the old stables they turned into stores etc is pretty cool. Biscuit bar is kinda neat for breakfast.

Thanks. Probably leaning towards Los Vaqueros. My wife loves Mexican food and margaritas…..

Comment

97 West attached to the Drover Hotel is fantastic. $$$

Comment

I haven't been to the stockyards location in a while but La Playa Maya has always served reliably good Mexican seafood dishes.

Comment

Working...
                              X