Armadillo recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armadillo recipes

we have chicken fried them and smotherd them in gravey--just wanted to here some different recipes. my sons got one in the freezer.

I usually place the meat on a cedar board and soak it with Teriaki sauce for about 8 hours then grill it. After grilling, dump the dillo meat in the trash can and eat the cedar board..

Comment

Prepare them like you would any pork shoulder, pork butt or fresh picnic that you would BBQ or smoke. Your favorite dry rub and get after it.

I have done this:
      Marinated them in Italian dressing for 12-24 hrs, drain off the dressing, put a light covering of French's Mustard on the meat and then sprinkle with Fiesta Fajita Seasoning or my dry rub. BBQ/smoke at 225-250 degrees for 4 hours and the last hr. wrap with aluminum foil, add a little beer and seal the foil wrapping.

Talk about GOOD!! I fixed this when I graduated from high school in 77...cooked 6 dillos and boned them out afterwards. Not a single person knew except for my family, all guests devoured the BBQ armadillo and asked for more!

Comment

I stick them to the ground with an easton axis st then let them marinade for a few days before removing the arrow...worms gotta eat too.

Seriously be careful with them they carry lots of microbes that can very easily become pathogenic.

Comment

That's with any wild animal if you don't practice safe field-dressing handling methods by wearing dissposable gloves and washing your hands with soap & water and then a rinse of rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide (simple camp necessities).

Comment

my dad put one on a spit when i was a litle kid but they are not on my list of eats. fun to chase and throwin your buddies camper bunk!

Comment

Originally posted by ground level View Post
              That's with any wild animal if you don't practice safe field-dressing handling methods by wearing dissposable gloves and washing your hands with soap & water and then a rinse of rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide (simple camp necessities).
              Its worse with the dillos, and rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide wont kill the nasty stuff it actually wont kill most stuff. Alcohol for example takes 10 minutes for that 99.999% to actually be true.

Comment

HUMMMMMM, I don't know if I'd try dillo.

Comment

Kicked a old dead cow once and saw about three of them run out of the shell. No thanks. Eat what I shoot.

Comment

Killed this thread, didn't I ? Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by johnsonzl View Post
                      Alcohol for example takes 10 minutes for that 99.999% to actually be true.
                      If it's not 99.99% alcohol for ten minutes, what is it?
                      Dave

Comment

There is just too many other options out there that you could eat instead.

Comment

get you a old spanish woman to cook it.. They cook them in the shell , thats some good stuff if done right....

Comment

I just want to go home with them, like Jerry Jeff, not eat them!

Comment

man I havent tried one

Comment

Working...
                              X