Contact Lenses and Peep Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Lenses and Peep Sights

I started wearing prescription glasses about a year ago. I went with progressive lenses and they worked well for me except when I was shooting my bow. I couldn’t wear them when shooting as everything was blurry. I could shoot without the glasses but the pins were a bit blurry.

Well, long story short my glasses now reside at the bottom of RC lake. I have been thinking of possibly getting contact lenses. My question is for those that shoot with contact lenses. Do they provide a clear view through your peep sight? I appreciate any insight y’all may provide (no pun intended). 😀

No matter what you do, even with perfect natural vision, you can't get peep, pins, and target all clear and sharp at the same time.

Comment

I’ve worn contacts since I was a kid. No problem with a peep. No problem with anything. Other than dry eyes every now and then. Glasses were the problem
      With a peep for me.

Comment

I use a rectifier peep and don’t wear a contact in that eye. Works great. Crystal clear sight and target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          No matter what you do, even with perfect natural vision, you can't get peep, pins, and target all clear and sharp at the same time.
          Yea I realize you can only focus on one thing at a time. With the progressive lenses everything was out of focus. With no glasses the pins were blurry. If contacts would work well I would rather not mess with a clarifier peep.

Comment

I have bifocals and take them off when I pull my bow off the hangar. I have very little prescription in my distance but my cheaters are 2.5x.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I wear multivision contacts, reader in left distance in right. When I’m not wearing contacts I use a pair of 1.50 readers. See pins perfect and good clarity on target.

Comment

Following along. I bought some fancy and cheap glasses, can't wear any of them shooting my bow because the dang nose bridge gets in the way on the good ones and the others seems like too much angle when I get my anchor points set.

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                  I wear multivision contacts, reader in left distance in right. When I’m not wearing contacts I use a pair of 1.50 readers. See pins perfect and good clarity on target.
                  I might have to look into the multi vision contacts. I assume being right eye dominant that I would need the reader for the right eye. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I have never had a problem with my contacts just my glasses

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                      I might have to look into the multi vision contacts. I assume being right eye dominant that I would need the reader for the right eye. Thanks for the info.
                      I tried multi vision and progressive contacts - didn’t like either. Today’s my first go around with regular dailies and hitting the rifle range this afternoon. My fingers are crossed. I’ll try the bow this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Following along. I bought some fancy and cheap glasses, can't wear any of them shooting my bow because the dang nose bridge gets in the way on the good ones and the others seems like too much angle when I get my anchor points set.
                        I've got a pair of glasses that were made just for shooting my bow. I took my bow to the eye care place and the doc helped me out. Found frames that didn't get in the way and then he had lenses made just for distance. He had the center of the focal point of the prescription moved towards the inside of the lens so I did not have to turn my head too far. They look kind of goofy, but they work great.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post

I’m right eye dominant but my right eye is corrected for distance since it’s my shooting eye. My left eye is corrected for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            I’m right eye dominant but my right eye is corrected for distance since it’s my shooting eye. My left eye is corrected for reading.
                            Exactly what I have. No problems with my peep now. Some scopes give me a very tight double vision crosshairs.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                              I’ve worn contacts since I was a kid. No problem with a peep. No problem with anything. Other than dry eyes every now and then. Glasses were the problem
                              With a peep for me.
                              Same. Contacts work great with sunglasses and shooting glasses when it bright or windy. Better with binos than glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              X