Our school is armed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
    Because the liberal teachers and unions will never allow a Marshall program. Never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree on the liberals (although teachers don’t have a bargaining union) not wanting freedom for firearms.

Comment

Texas school districts, including Uvalde ISD before the shooting there, were already considering sending volunteer teachers through the FASTER program in Ohio. It is funded by donations and is no cost to the school districts other than travel and lodging for any school faculty that attends the 3 day course. So far, I know they train in obviously Ohio but also in Arizona. It was featured on Shooting USA on the Outdoor Network

Comment

Good news!! I figured you would been outta school by now though Burnadell!

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
          Rains ISD has been armed for 3 years. You need to get back on that school board. Roughnecks are falling behind.
          He has only been here one year I think. He had that armed policy at Union Grove quite a few years ago.

Comment

I want our school to put a supplementary sign up that says “Say When”

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
              So did Uvalde. How did that work out?

“When seconds matter, the police may be at the end of the hallway, 45 mins away, with one thumb up their @$$ and hand sanitizer in the other, while listening to you or your students die…”

Great job to this district

Comment

went to high school at galveston ball. teachers , staff, and students all had some kind of weapons on us at all times....

Comment

I was a coach there at one time. Absolute great community and school. Definitely the best place I ever had the privilege to be at.

Comment

Way to go White Oak! That’s a great step in protecting children. These sorry active shooters love “gun free” school zones and most likely will avoid an armed school. If Uvalde taught us anything, it’s that otherwise good people who are trained and sworn will often choose their own safety over the distinct possibility of grave bodily injury or death to themselves over protecting children. We’ve seen this same scenario play out before so it shouldn’t come as that big of a surprise. It’s the number of Officers that failed that’s surprising. Hardened physical security of the schools with locked perimeter security doors and locked classrooms and leadership that enforces security by terminating those that prop a door open to grab a smoke or run to their car is another step that’s needed. Security isn’t convenient, but it can go a long way toward stopping penetration and give time to school resource officers or armed teachers to react. Getting resource officers and armed teachers to run to gun fire is another issue altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                      I was a coach there at one time. Absolute great community and school. Definitely the best place I ever had the privilege to be at.

It really is a great community and school district.

Who was the head coach when you were here?

Comment

That superintendent has gonads. Way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                          went to high school at galveston ball. teachers , staff, and students all had some kind of weapons on us at all times....
                          Was Joe pillar the principal?

Comment

Good deal. Prayers they never have to draw their weapon.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                I agree on the liberals (although teachers don’t have a bargaining union) not wanting freedom for firearms.

Not really looking for a new law either. Looking to do away with whatever law or portion thereof that restricts carry in schools. Schools should then just adopt a dont ask dont tell policy to keep the politics at bay.

Comment

Working...
                                X