ATF has made their ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
    According to their "Ruling" the top would be considered illegal because of the foam is my understanding.. but the other two are not. lol its all bs.
    pretty sure the middle one is too due to the multi position tube ...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      x2

To add its going to be nearly impossible to track down all the stripped lowers that were bought and built as pistols. At best the alphabet squad could subpoena pistol kit/barrel sales records from places like PSA and other online dealers
      Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Yup, like they recently did with Rainier Arms for 80% frames.

Obviously, This would be a little more difficult for them though. I can't see that being feasible unless they had the support of local LEO. Even then it's iffy.
      Weird how they can justify a subpoena for sales that were Legal at the time.

There was a big ATF raid in 2014 of a shop in CA that was selling legal at the time 80% lowers. As far as I know none of those customers on record ever were contacted. Still not cool though

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPCkHpWu3Yo"]FOUR HUGE ATF+Law updates, pistol braces, 922r, NFA possession - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Thanks Artos for the video.

Comment

FYI, this is live and scheduled to be published tomorrow. Looks like the 120 day countdown starts tomorrow. I'd expect the lawsuits to go live in the morning.

Comment

Looks like they may be growing a spine?? Rep. Andrew Clyde is supposedly submitting a bill to override the atf’s crap. And it appears that he doesn’t need the snowflake led Senate to get it done.

Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA) announced Monday he will use the Congressional Review Act against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives' (ATF's) pistol/stabilizer brace rule. 

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
                Looks like they may be growing a spine?? Rep. Andrew Clyde is supposedly submitting a bill to override the atf’s crap. And it appears that he doesn’t need the snowflake led Senate to get it done.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...er-brace-rule/
                I don't know how that CRA works, do they have the votes for it or is it just for show?

Comment

Just sat through some FFL training.

1. It's on the federal registry. May 21, 2023, is 120 days.
                  2. ATF says removing the brace is good enough to comply(in most cases)
                  3. You can only register an SBR if it has a brace on it and is complete with upper and is in possession as of today. ATF says for a trust it needs to be on the Schedule A. No notary is required (if you lie, you are committing perjury). No photos or images are needed.
                  4. Adjustable buffer tubes are fine. No need to remove it and put in a buffer tube. Construction procession is still an issue.
                  5. They didn't answer the 88-day question. Only they are working with the FBI.
                  6. If you register with this special window. You can change to a regular stock after approval.
                  7. If it takes more than 120, your submittal will be good until you its approved.
                  Last edited by mmoses; 01-31-2023, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Funny. I don't remember anything like this when this happened with bumpstocks. Almost like Repubs are okay with overreach as long as it's their overreach.

Comment

4. SHOULD SAY Adjustable buffer tubes are fine. No need to remove it and put in a PISTOL buffer tube. Construction procession is still an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                        Just sat through some FFL training.

1. It's on the federal registry. May 21, 2023, is 120 days.
                        2. ATF says removing the brace is good enough to comply(in most cases)
                        3. You can only register an SBR if it has a brace on it and is complete with upper and is in possession as of today. ATF says for a trust it needs to be on the Schedule A. No notary is required (if you lie, you are committing perjury). No photos or images are needed.
                        4. Adjustable buffer tubes are fine. No need to remove it and put in a buffer tube. Construction procession is still an issue.
                        5. They didn't answer the 88-day question. Only they are working with the FBI.
                        6. If you register with this special window. You can change to a regular stock after approval.
                        7. If it takes more than 120, your submittal will be good until you its approved.
                        did they address paper form 1s that may get lost in the mail on their way to the ATF, but person has a copy as proof of submission?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          did they address paper form 1s that may get lost in the mail on their way to the ATF, but person has a copy as proof of submission?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          Maybe I missed understood but I thought you have to E-File to get the "free" tax stamp.

Comment

Senate side, too.

Comment

Don't take the bait.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just an update...I filed the eForm and got my stamp pretty quick. Easy process for anybody who is considering it.

Comment

Working...
                                X