Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alamo Precision TBH Build in the Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
    Hey guys! I'm a little late getting this started this year......mostly because I wanted to see what what component availability would be like on a couple of ideas I had in mind. Then a couple of weeks ago we had a BIG wrench thrown in the works when Defiance had a MAJOR price increase without much warning. Unfortunately, that increase would make it pretty challenging to make it work well for the TBH deal. I'm working on some alternatives, but have nothing solid to offer at this point. In short, if we are able to do anything this year it will open up a little later than it has in the past.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Appreciate the update sir!

Comment

price increase soon as soon as Bob Beck bought them out huh?..... I know materials increased but seems like they brought the tenacity and anTi up by $600-700 per action but only slightly increased the 'premium' actions.

Comment

What about Stiller actions? Horizon bought them out and I would imagine they would make a deal on bulk actions.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
          price increase soon as soon as Bob Beck bought them out huh?..... I know materials increased but seems like they brought the tenacity and anTi up by $600-700 per action but only slightly increased the 'premium' actions.
          Good ole Bob. That increase is nuts

Comment

Just what I get for dragging my feet and not grabbing another Tenacity while I could.
            That jump will probably put the Remington 700 actions back on the table as an option for me in the future again. Before, unless you had the action for practically free by the time you gave it the full work over you were **** near at the price of a good custom action. Not anymore

Comment

Alamo Precision TBH Build in the Future?

The price increase on the Tenacity is the craziest one considering it’s supposed to be their “budget” action. You can dang near buy two Zermatt/Bighorn Origins for that price.

I just snagged an AnTi in stock a few weeks ago for a 6.5 PRC I’m helping my dad put together. I’m dang sure glad I got it when I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Good ole Bob. That increase is nuts

I’ll tell y’all what it has done for me, that’s driving me to other brands. I’m a fan of Definace’s actions but for those prices there is as good or better, which I know both of you know.

Crazy times.... smh

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Here’s the response from a Defiance rep on Sniper’s Hide concerning their price increase. Seems crazy to me that they supposedly wouldn’t make it through the month without this huge increase.

Sigh... the amount of conjecture here never ceases to amaze me. I will interject some facts for those with earnest interest, and simply ignore those whose only interests are to make continued personal character attacks and draw attention to themselves. We are also not going to engage those attempting to tell us how they think it's done, when frankly they have extremely limited knowledge of manufacturing, operations, costs, nor exactly how much "market share" Defiance actually has/had, basing their assumptions on a poling of a demographic that makes up for <1% of the market. And don't bother looking up the ATF numbers, as they will only tell you how many actions were produced under the "Defiance" label, not the huge amount of variants we produce for others.

While we had absolutely not intended nor wanted to adjust pricing, upon investigation and discovery of operations and financial solvability, it became NECESSARY and IMMEDIATE to do so... and by immediate, there was question of whether Defiance could even exist beyond the month had we not acted quickly. For the last two weeks, we have had to call long standing clients, and many we even consider very close friends, to break the unfortunate news. It gave none of our team pleasure in doing so, from the guys on the phone to the new Owner who had to make some extremely, extremely hard decisions with a company he had just acquired. At one point, a choice had to be made to try and do the right thing by many of our smaller dealers and individual customers, which meant honoring a price, a price that at which Defiance would actually LOSE MONEY in continuing to honor that commitment, and we will. Others, who did not have confirmed orders, meaning there was no deposit placed (mostly dealers), were told the price would need adjusted accordingly.

We will not go into the details of everything discovered leading up to recent events and changes, because frankly no one is entitled to that information outside of Defiance, and it's not open for discussion. We are doing our best to continue on despite, and going forward into 2023 we are going to put our nose to the grindstone to try and build Defiance back into a financially healthy company. We understand there are many people angry with the situation, us and the Owner included. But this is where we are at, and it regrettably had to happen to keep the doors open. You can choose to agree or disagree, but the fact is had it not happened, both customers and dealers would have still been upset when the doors closed and Defiance ceased to exist. We recognize there are numerous great options out there for actions, and we are friends with many of those competitors. For some of them, it will undoubtedly increase their business, but we have already begun to see an increase in productions with some changes in operations, and we look at this as an opportunity to do better going forward.

All that said, Happy New Year's guys. Enjoy your weekend.

Comment

I’m not sure when the new owner took over, but I would imagine that if a company was in such dire straits that would’ve been made clearly obvious in the financial audit performed before purchasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                      I’m not sure when the new owner took over, but I would imagine that if a company was in such dire straits that would’ve been made clearly obvious in the financial audit performed before purchasing.

Exactly my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

Financial statements would have definitely been reviewed.

Cutting costs is the other side of the equation…

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                          Here’s the response from a Defiance rep on Sniper’s Hide concerning their price increase. Seems crazy to me that they supposedly wouldn’t make it through the month without this huge increase.

I was wondering why they sold. Apparently Bobs team didn’t due their due diligence prior to the purchase finalizing.

Comment

I’m not a business guru, but how would a sudden and drastic price increase yield a quick enough profit to save them in just a months time. (Guess I said that right)

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post

IMO that sounds like someone at Defiance trying to douse the flames more than being truthful about current operations at Defiance. If you can’t make a profit with a year + backlog at $1300/action then you probably ought to just close the doors.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                I was wondering why they sold. Apparently Bobs team didn’t due their due diligence prior to the purchase finalizing.

I don’t remember where but I heard they were having some financial issues prior to ole BB buying them. Seems like you said, that should have been examined before purchasing a company. Who knows maybe his intent was to pass the screwing along to the customer because they felt the actions would survive that much of a price increase...

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Working...
                                X