No announcement yet.

Ammo trickling back into stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got 4 boxes of 140gr ELD-M last week at the Academy in Longview....at 2pm on a Saturday no less.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      Just picked up a flat of 12 gauge 7.5 estate at academy 7.99 a box DANG
      never had good luck with estate. haven't shot 12ga in a decade but back in the day it wouldn't cycle my benelli

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
        Just picked up a flat of 12 gauge 7.5 estate at academy 7.99 a box DANG

Holy hell that's up $2 a box. Love those Estate 20 target loads but that's dang ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          When the neck-beard scalpers begin to anticipate that they won't be able to easily sell stuff at inflated prices, the ammo will magically reappear in quantity. It looks as though that is eminent.
          Yep. I think that time is upon us. When the buyers recover from the panic ammo will start stacking up on the shelves agsin.
          Later, we can start getting some components.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Holy hell that's up $2 a box. Love those Estate 20 target loads but that's dang ridiculous.

Yeah I agree! Trying to get a few cases before dove season rolls around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess the ammo grabbers ran out of their stimulus money.

Comment

Hunting ammo was kind of fun for a while. At least I was hunting something. Met a lot of new folks. Swapped off some stuff I didn't need for some stuff that I needed.

Comment

Bought 45 FMJ last week and 45 JHP today at my local Academy

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    What was the pricing like?

I'm more interested in finding components since all I do is reload, but I might be persuaded to buy some factory ammo and keep it as a backup.
                    AE .223 FMJ brass $59.55/100, Several brands .45acp FMJ ~$28/50, Couple brands 9mm FMJ ~$18/50. Cheap steel case stuff was only slightly cheaper than brass.

I think prices will probably stay higher than they were from here on out. Probably the new normal.

Comment

Anybody seeing small rifle primers appearing anywhere. I only reload and I'm getting low. I hate using magnum small pistol primers for loading my AR ammo. It works but I would feel better using CCI #41 or WSR.

Comment

Pearland Academy had an assortment of 5.56/.223 this morning. It probably won’t last the day.

Winchester M193 200rd- $119
                        Winchester M855 200 rd- $129
                        AE 55gr FMJ 20rd -$11.99
                        Monarch 55gr Steel Case 100rd- $54.99

Lots of .22LR and a little bit of .40.

Lots of shotgun shells.

Comment

Went to Scheels today and scored a box of 100ct 9mm 124gr V-crown JHP that Sierra makes for Sig and a 9mm Luger Hornady 3 die set and a #8 shell plate for my AP press. Shoulda stopped and bought me a lotto ticket. They had plenty of shotgun shells and some rifle ammo. .224 Valkyrie, 350 legend, 5.56 and some others. Didn't really look all that hard at the loaded stuff. Lots of shelves still bare in the reloading department.

Comment

I guess the academy in College Station didn’t get the memo. Either that or all them aggies have too much money.
                            There was just a few boxes of 223 on the shelf and a couple over/under shotguns. No handguns or ammo

Comment

Academy Pt Arthur had boxes of handgun gun ammo stacked on the counter Tuesday when i went by. Don't really need any but i would like to find some more Federal Power shock .308 and some 143 elder for my creedmoor.

Comment

Just left an Academy in the valley.
                                Had stacks of 7.62x39, 22 mag, and 12/20/28 gauge.

I really hope the trend continues.

Comment

Working...
                                X