No announcement yet.

McMullen County Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North of 30" on the year for us. Most of my bucks have yet to show their face but it should be a nice surprise when they do. Green is good!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1148.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	24657199
      We are somewhere just north of 25” on the year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Come on October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! Looks like that country got some good rain!

Comment

Was just about to ask you guys if your boys are hitting the feeders yet. The flood wiped out my primary feeding station (little too close to the old slough off the Frio) and we are just getting up and running again - nothing but scrubs, does and hogs. Hoping the green is just doing its thing.

Comment

last season 2 year old 10 point with potential and I was right because this year he really made some gains.
              Attached Files

Comment

Things sure dried out quick down there. You guys seeing a **** ton of quail? Most I’ve ever seen.

Comment

You aren't kidding - dry and hot, i almost had a heat episode Saturday. Quail are thick, dove are good, plenty of does hitting the feeders, can' buy a decent buck on camera. The old slough off the Frio wiped out my primary set during the flood and it took a while to get things back on track so hoping things will change. Feeder bucks are by far sub par to the past, already had a target or two identified by this time last year. how are y'all looking?

Comment

Can't many say this...

This thread is eerily quiet so throwing a little fun out there (well wasn't fun at the time). Have you really lived if you haven't caught a gar in your feeder pen? Before I get hammered, there is really nowhere else to move this set and 99.9% of the time, it is good.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dang!

Headed down this weekend. Bucks are popping up out of the woodwork and are finally hammering the feeders. Best I can tell, it will be a season for the books!

Comment

But we are back...

As bad as it looked, everything was salvageable after a little "hammering" and we are up and running again Waiting patiently for something besides does and scrubs to show up!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                          As bad as it looked, everything was salvageable after a little "hammering" and we are up and running again Waiting patiently for something besides does and scrubs to show up!
                          A few T-posts might spare you dealing with that again!

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                            A few T-posts might spare you dealing with that again!
                            good idea, may re-configure into a triangle instead of a circle as well. If the debris hadn't built up, i think I'd of been okay.

I think you are right about this year, should be some good ones taken

Comment

In and settled for the weekend. Anyone else hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                                In and settled for the weekend. Anyone else hunting?
                                Crickets on this thread this year - and I'm late to reply as well. Headed up next Thursday. Starting to have a few show up...

Comment

Working...
                                X