77 Years Ago Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    indeed...how we got from there to here in such a short time is depressing.
    I don’t track. Multiple deployments over the last 20 years.

Comment

Wasn’t there a mention somewhere how some soldiers had to sneak in and swim ashore one night to test the firmness of the beach? And that they had to use a different, quieter method to test with so the German’s wouldn’t hear?

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
        I don’t track. Multiple deployments over the last 20 years.
        ...talking about our current internal fight of freedom & allowing our elected officials to destroy what you & the ultimate hero's lost / fought for.

We, the civilian voting public have lost sight & let our precious veterans past & present down...again, it will be those who gladly volunteer to ultimately once again save the republic from within at some point.

We have lost our way & are our own worst enemy...we have failed what the greatest generation sacrificed to save us from & where we are heading.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          BAMFs
          Yes, they were. But, I would put our guys now right along side of them. We, too, have some BAMF with us now. It. Is the POS in politics that are girlie like.

Comment

Those airborne guys on D-day mounted up knowing the causality rate would be 40% plus. Thousands of scared yet brave 18-21 year olds jumping into the middle of that meat grinder. A debt we can never repay

Comment

They need to drop a platoon inside of that cheesy fence in Washington after midnight and clean house so Trump can get back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                They need to drop a platoon inside of that cheesy fence in Washington after midnight and clean house so Trump can get back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yes sir, great idea

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                  Yes, they were. But, I would put our guys now right along side of them. We, too, have some BAMF with us now. It. Is the POS in politics that are girlie like.
                  Amen!

Comment

Reminds me of a video I saw about our military a few weeks ago. Take a look at this:

*So Sad....

Comment

Look up "Little Groups of Paratroopers", or LGOPs.
                      You will get the basic idea of how airborne operations work, and why.
                      It is really hard to comprehend the loss of life and the courage it took to jump or hit those beaches.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                        Look up "Little Groups of Paratroopers", or LGOPs.
                        You will get the basic idea of how airborne operations work, and why.
                        It is really hard to comprehend the loss of life and the courage it took to jump or hit those beaches.
                        I agree but hitting the beaches in the Pacific wasn't a cake walk either. All extremely brave men in WW 2

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          I agree but hitting the beaches in the Pacific wasn't a cake walk either. All extremely brave men in WW 2
                          Agreed! My grandpa fought in Guadalcanal. He came back home with "Shell Shock" and was never the same according to my mom. I never got to meet grandpa, but I thank him for his service and proud that he served for our country.

Battle of Guadalcanal (August 1942–February 1943), series of World War II land and sea clashes between Allied and Japanese forces on and around Guadalcanal, one of the Solomon Islands, in the South Pacific. Along with the Battle of Midway, Guadalcanal marked a turning point in favor of the Allies in the Pacific War.

Comment

God Bless the Greatest Generation! True Heroes!

Comment

bamf...

Comment

Originally posted by artos View Post
                                indeed...how we got from there to here in such a short time is depressing.
                                100%

Comment

Working...
                                X