Tractors... 4wd vs 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractors... 4wd vs 2

I’m looking to buy a new tractor for a small 60 acre place I’m buying. In the price range I’m looking (25-33K), it looks like I can get into a 75 hp 2wd drive for about the same price as a 50 hp 4wd. Although the 4wd 50 hp has a cab as well. Tractor will be used for common common Rec property use, food plots, shredding etc. But it does have 2 pretty good sized creeks I’ll be needing to cross on occasion.

So my question is, would you rather have a 50 ish hp 4wd tractor with a cab, or opt for the bigger 75 hp 2wd tractor w no cab? I know the best option would’ve to pony up a few more thousand and get into a 75 hp 4wd w a cab, but have a bunch of other things to purchase as well so trying not to break the bank. Thanks

4wd hands down. I went with hp and 2wd. Getting ready to sell that tractor and buy a 4wd.

Comment

4wd is a must for me.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
        4wd hands down. I went with hp and 2wd. Getting ready to sell that tractor and buy a 4wd.
        Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
        4wd is a must for me.
        All day long

Comment

Yea what I don’ know is will a front end loader be enough to get me out of a sticky situation? My last place was pretty flat and dry. This place... not so much.

Comment

4x- you won’t find very many new 2x’s for a reason ! Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it :-)

Comment

Just like trucks, go with a 4wd.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
                Yea what I don’ know is will a front end loader be enough to get me out of a sticky situation? My last place was pretty flat and dry. This place... not so much.
                Hard to use a front end loader on a small tractor without 4wd Surprised they make 2wd tractors

Comment

I have farmed since the 1990s. 50 HP with 4WD is going to pull more than a 70 HP 2 WD. Think about it like a truck or ATV. Horsepower means nothing when you cant put it on the ground.

Comment

4 wd

Comment

To me, a lot depends on your soil type.

Comment

4 wd

Comment

4wd

Comment

50hp is plenty.. trust me..

Comment

So I bought a 2wd Kubota 75hp with front end loader thinking why would you ever need 4wd..... It’s not about getting stuck it’s about the pulling power when plowing. I will never buy another 2wd it slips so much it simply will not plow when the ground is moist.

Comment

Working...
                              X