Gas Station Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Station Etiquette

Made the mistake of going to the Bucees in Temple on Good Friday in a diesel pusher. My wife and I knew better but the kids just couldn’t bear the thought of not stopping at Bucees! Finding an open pump was difficult enough, but the reason for this post was the jack wagon in front of me.

Toyota Tacoma parked at the pump in front (was there when I pulled up) and didn’t come out for 35 minutes. I nearly unhooked my flat tow so I could back up and move along. Meanwhile there were 257 empty parking spaces just yards away along the perimeter.

I’m gonna own the blame for even stopping there, but dang, common sense and consideration for others around you sure seems to be dead.

They all pump and then go inside to shop, not nearly enough parking spaces for everyone to pump and go park

Comment

Expecting common Courtesy in todays society will lead to a huge disappointment.

Comment

Your on point DT. Manners and etiquette are long gone never to be seen again from a majority of our population. A couple of years ago my daughter and family were evacuating Houston for Hurricane Harvey. They needed to get gas as well as several in line behind her. There was a young punk parked at the pump in front of her that came out and went to scratching scratch off tickets on the hood of his car. She rolled her window down and asked him if he could at least pull up so she could get gas and then meet up with the rest of the family. His reply was “ I’ll leave when I’m done with my tickets beach”. She just got out of line and found another store.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
          They all pump and then go inside to shop, not nearly enough parking spaces for everyone to pump and go park
          Happens all the time, nothing uncommon about that.

Comment

I hate people more all the time. See it everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              Your on point DT. Manners and etiquette are long gone never to be seen again from a majority of our population. A couple of years ago my daughter and family were evacuating Houston for Hurricane Harvey. They needed to get gas as well as several in line behind her. There was a young punk parked at the pump in front of her that came out and went to scratching scratch off tickets on the hood of his car. She rolled her window down and asked him if he could at least pull up so she could get gas and then meet up with the rest of the family. His reply was “ I’ll leave when I’m done with my tickets beach”. She just got out of line and found another store.
              What a nightmare. I do have to say I still think the majority (at least 51%) of people are good and care about those around them, but the bad apples sure make things interesting. You probably get to meet all kinds of kinds being in the restaurant business.
              Last edited by Drop Tine; 04-16-2022, 01:49 PM. Reason: Clarifying “majority”

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                What a nightmare. I do have to say I still think the majority of people are good and care about those around them. You probably get to meet all kinds of kinds being in the restaurant business.
                Your right. Most people are good people and will help if your being robbed or assaulted instead of just recording it with their phone. And yes in this business we get to meet them all. About the time you think you’ve had a good week THEY walk in. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Yes it will.

Comment

And who is the smart guy at Bucess who decided that the back 100 pumps should be card only? I pulled in over Xmas and all the front pumps were full with people doing there Xmas shopping for Grandma. When I tried to pay with cash I was told it was card only on the back pumps for express reasons.

Comment

There ain’t no rules at Bucee’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        True.

And on another subject it appears more and more people just think their groceries come from the grocery store.

Comment

Stopped by an HEB the other day to diesel up. All gas pump had open spaces while all the diesel spots had gas guzzlers. It never fails

Comment

You need to own the blame for sitting there for 35 minutes. Your better than me. I would have moved after a 10 minutes.

I was at that Buccee's not long ago. Easy in and out access to the highway. Now the one in New Braunfels is a nightmare.

Comment

City people.

Comment

Working...
                              X