Kia price surcharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kia price surcharge

Talk about cars on another thread made me want to warn others.

Went to Cowboy KIA in Conroe last week to look at a car for my son who is graduating and needs a decent ride to get him through college and beyond. Nothing fancy at all. Knowing car prices are stupid these days I didn't expect much in terms of negotiating. Price listed on the Kia Forte was $21 thousand and some change. Not too bad considering.

Drove the car and it was fine. He then told me they tack on an additiona $7600 surcharge!!! That would make a stinking baseline KIA Forte $28000+.

They were shocked when I immediately got up and walked out. That is stupid! Manager met me at the door to try and explain it but I was having none of it. He can charge it but I"m not paying it. Don't need it that bad. Couldn't believe it. Somebody probably would pay it but not me.

If people will quit paying it they will quit charging it but unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon. I should be due for a new truck in about 3 more years. I know inflation isn't going to slow down but hopefully all these surcharges stop before then. I'm not holding my breath though.

Comment

And that is the problem, someone else will pay that. There are too many people that don’t care about the price, and don’t care about the extra surcharge. As long as they can afford the monthly payment, that’s all they care about. Until people stop doing that, dealerships will continue.

Comment

We were looking at the Kia Telluride, but walked out too when they said there was a surcharge.

Comment

Surcharge for what?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Surcharge for what?
            The dealership owner and salesman’s bank accounts because there is a shortage of new vehicles on the lot.

Comment

Surcharge for what was my exact question. Apparently because of inventory etc... Didn't matter anyway. Any dealership that would do that is off the list. On another note, I felt like I needed to take a shower after I left their office. Just felt slimy.

Comment

I just experienced the same thing at a dealership. If you are willing and able to wait, you can likely order one at MSRP. Unfortunately that may be the best way not to have to pay those stupid SURCHARGES. Good luck.

Comment

Surcharge = ADM / additional dealer markup. Nothing more / less & have been doing it on certain special vehicles forever. Now, it's just cuz on any vehicle.

Comment

Just bought a Lexus. Put all the numbers on paper. Signed them and I gave them 1K down. I hope they do not try any stupid crap at closing...

Comment

We paid about $3k over MSRP for my wife’s Telluride last September. I didn’t like it, but they gave us about $10k more for our Explorer (which we hated) than it would normally have been worth. We also didn’t want to wait 8-10 months to order one. I agree with those above, as long as people pay it, it won’t go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With so many people paying stupid amounts of money for everything does anyone else wonder where all this money is coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
                          Talk about cars on another thread made me want to warn others.

Went to Cowboy KIA in Conroe last week to look at a car for my son who is graduating and needs a decent ride to get him through college and beyond. Nothing fancy at all. Knowing car prices are stupid these days I didn't expect much in terms of negotiating. Price listed on the Kia Forte was $21 thousand and some change. Not too bad considering.

Drove the car and it was fine. He then told me they tack on an additiona $7600 surcharge!!! That would make a stinking baseline KIA Forte $28000+.

They were shocked when I immediately got up and walked out. That is stupid! Manager met me at the door to try and explain it but I was having none of it. He can charge it but I"m not paying it. Don't need it that bad. Couldn't believe it. Somebody probably would pay it but not me.
                          My hat`s off to you for having the balls to walk away. To many people just cave in and pay the price. I`ve been wanting to trade my wife car for the last 2 years, but I know I`m going to get pi$$ed off when I do, so I just keep driving it. When I do trade, the first thing I`m going to do is ask them what kind of BS add ons and surcharges they have before I will discuss anything. Jump on them before they jump on you.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            With so many people paying stupid amounts of money for everything does anyone else wonder where all this money is coming from?
                            They still have checks....

Comment

These will never go away as long people pay. Just like how everyone just pays the 40-70 dollars a night "resort fees" at hotels.

Comment

Working...
                              X