Live Edge countertop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Edge countertop

With this remodel we are doing on a hundred year old house, wife thinks some kind of live edge wood top would look good on two small areas (about 36"x36").

We are already adding a fireplace with a pecan mantle but any idea on what might look good for a small countertop? One is a small bar area and the other might not be used as much. I am thinking mesquite would make a good looking live edge top, but do any of you have any experience with something this?

Pecan makes pretty tops
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210608_183951750.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	24653620

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mesquite is very pretty, especially if you can get some burl grain slab.

Pecan is nice as well, especially if there is some spalting going on.

Don't overlook walnut, I like the rich warm tone of the wood.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful! But aren’t you concerned that water splash from the sink will ultimately raise the grain in that area? Even with a polyurethane finish, over time, I’ve still noticed that this can be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
          Beautiful! But aren’t you concerned that water splash from the sink will ultimately raise the grain in that area? Even with a polyurethane finish, over time, I’ve still noticed that this can be a problem.
          I haven't used it yet, but I know a lot of people say waterloc (sp) is the go to finish for counter tops.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            Have not seen an issue...yet. I do watch it closely. Only been in about 1 year.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am thinking that pecan may be the way to go since we already have a guy working on the pecan mantle. Opposite end of the room so it shouldnt be too much.

Comment

I love a live edge and mesquite is very nice.

Ours aren't live edge but are Walnut and we love them. TP3 off of here did them and I can't say enough about his quality of work!
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X