Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Rescheduling International Hunting Trips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My every 3 year hunter host trip to Alberta pushed from fall of 21 to fall of 22 and that breaks my heart. Canada hasn't opened their borders back up for traveling (not without lock down for 4 days @ $2-3K in government dictated hotels.
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
      In 20 years he’s going to be entitled to a settlement because of that free shot. Nothing free has ever been worth it in my experience.
      That's the bad part. There will be no settlement. The government has granted the shot manufacturers immunity from lawsuits. According to the embassy's website Spain has opened back up to Americans only who are vaccinated. Guess we'll be postponing our trip. Gonna have to wait until a TBH sponsor starts offering top of the line counterfeits. Lol.

Comment

Lost my trip to Canada. Just refunded. Booked Africa for 2023, hope we are dealing with this then.

Comment

"As of July 6 anyone who is fully vaccinated can enter [emoji1063]!"

Just got the above from my Saskatchewan outfitter when my phone woke up from the Zambia flight!!! I'm ready to poke a big whitetail in the frozen north!!!![emoji91][emoji1018][emoji91]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ready to go too! I guess i have to get my shot now.....october 25-30, Rob Nye, Canadian Trophy Quest, Carrot River SK.

Comment

Originally posted by joey1656 View Post
              Ready to go too! I guess i have to get my shot now.....october 25-30, Rob Nye, Canadian Trophy Quest, Carrot River SK.
              I hunted spring black bear with Rob Nye "The Bear Guy" quite a years ago up in Northern Saskatchewan near Lake Athabaska. Outstanding trip and he is without a doubt one of the most knowledgeable bear guys around. You will love being with him.
              Are you hunting bear or whitetail with him?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                I hunted spring black bear with Rob Nye "The Bear Guy" quite a years ago up in Northern Saskatchewan near Lake Athabaska. Outstanding trip and he is without a doubt one of the most knowledgeable bear guys around. You will love being with him.
                Are you hunting bear or whitetail with him?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                Whitetails.

I have hunted with him in the past. bear is on the bucket list. very knowledgeable, glad you enjoyed your hunt with him.

Comment

Originally posted by joey1656 View Post
                  Whitetails.

I have hunted with him in the past. bear is on the bucket list. very knowledgeable, glad you enjoyed your hunt with him.
                  Two of our guides when we were up there in Rob's camp were brothers, Wade and Shane Maynard. Shane is a top shelf taxidermist in Carrot River and he did my bear rug and his brother Wade has his own Whitetail hunting operation out of Carrot River called Lost Creek Outfitters. I always wanted to go back and hunt with Wade but just have not done it. Great guys and if you are looking for a taxidermist up there, Shane is as good as they come and his business is calle Tru2Life Taxidermy & Tanning.

Comment

Having to make some tough decisions....had a trip to Canada booked along with a trip to Argentina for next spring.

Canada is requiring vaccinations and I’m just not 100% comfortable getting one, as I don’t believe there have been near enough studies done, and certainly no long term effects of the vaccine. I’m perfectly, 100% healthy and I don’t want to put that at risk. On the same token, I have waited years to be able to do these hunts.

Maybe I should give up on that dream for now and hunt stateside. One of our friends is 28 and he got the vaccine, and now as to go see a cardiologist due to heart inflammation. Another girl in our neighborhood got the vaccine and stroked out and died. Young girl in her early 30’s with a husband and kids.

Comment

Not a hunt but was planning Thailand in January. Putting if off for at least a year now

Comment

Getting on a plane in 12 hrs for Zimababwe !

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                          Good luck joe best of luck!!!! Waiting on pics!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                            Having to make some tough decisions....had a trip to Canada booked along with a trip to Argentina for next spring.

Canada is requiring vaccinations and I’m just not 100% comfortable getting one, as I don’t believe there have been near enough studies done, and certainly no long term effects of the vaccine. I’m perfectly, 100% healthy and I don’t want to put that at risk. On the same token, I have waited years to be able to do these hunts.

Maybe I should give up on that dream for now and hunt stateside. One of our friends is 28 and he got the vaccine, and now as to go see a cardiologist due to heart inflammation. Another girl in our neighborhood got the vaccine and stroked out and died. Young girl in her early 30’s with a husband and kids.

I was just like you. But i believe it is far enough along, and i have many close friends who are physicians that believe in the vaccine. They have all taken it. I would trust them with my life. I believe i will take it, and go enjoy myself on my hunt. Good luck to you whatever you decide!

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                              Any reports? Two of my buddies are in Botswana and RSA as I type. Love the updates as one got his lioness with a 34 yard bow shot!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X