Pipe Tobacco Smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipe Tobacco Smokers

I enjoy a cigar every now and again, thinking about trying pipe tobacco. Recommend a good starter pipe and tobacco.

Get you a cob from Missouri Meerschaum.

Comment

Originally posted by TXRebel View Post
      Get you a cob from Missouri Meerschaum.

I second this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go to a tobacco shop and get the most popular blend. They will have better quality and selection than other places, avoid discount cigarette places.
        Last edited by masonred; 07-18-2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

And when you are choosing, those "mild" drug store tobaccos are in fact mild, but they burn hotter than the higher quality blends.

Comment

Originally posted by masonred View Post
            Go to a tobacco shop and get the most popular blend. They will have better quality and selection than other places, avoid discount cigarette places.
            What I would do

Comment

Originally posted by StanS806 View Post
              And when you are choosing, those "mild" drug store tobaccos are in fact mild, but they burn hotter than the higher quality blends.
              Agree with Stan. Dried out tobacco will be like inhaling a blow torch. Buy quality and keep it moist.

Comment

Most of the bulk blends in tobacco shops in the big glass jars are junk. Altadis and Sutliff stuff. They try to act like they blend their own but they do not. It's usually low quality stuff.

Buy online in tins or name brand bulk by the oz.

Comment

This is a good starter pipe.

Comment

Get a Dr. Grabow first, and some filters. You can upgrade later to a Savinelli or Peterson. I've tried probably a hundred different pipe tobaccos and mostly still come back to Captain Black original.

Comment

Merishim pipe, and Amphoria tobacco.
                      And I'm almost certain, both of those, are misspelled.

Comment

Originally posted by randtx View Post
                        I enjoy a cigar every now and again, thinking about trying pipe tobacco. Recommend a good starter pipe and tobacco.
                        Go to "the briar shoppe" in Houston. They have a ton of house blends and can help you get what you are looking for. I get all of my pipe tobacco there.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Comment

Lane lite without a bite is a very good starter tobacco

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                              Get a Dr. Grabow first, and some filters. You can upgrade later to a Savinelli or Peterson. I've tried probably a hundred different pipe tobaccos and mostly still come back to Captain Black original.
                              Captain Black in the Gold package is what my grandpaw used to smoke. Brings him back when I smell it.

Comment

Working...
                              X