Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayB View Post
    Question:

What happens to a bullet trajectory when shooting from vehicle out to target?

Looks like he unloaded the full brunt there. I am sure he could not get to his AR while driving and maybe another 30 rounds could have stopped the chase and the trial.
    I would think a lot .
    Probably tumbled about 5 ft past the hood.
    Did he really unload through his window though ?
    Also I have always assumed cop cars had bulletproof glass..?
    If so, then it was definitely a futile effort if that's what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

Constable Kevin Cordell is the officer who was shot.

Prayers sent…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I knew Kevin as young Hill County Deputy when I was a Trooper in Hillsboro. I'm glad he's going to be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
        Question:

What happens to a bullet trajectory when shooting from vehicle out to target?

Looks like he unloaded the full brunt there. I am sure he could not get to his AR while driving and maybe another 30 rounds could have stopped the chase and the trial.
        My son shared a video with me a year or so ago where a Florida policemen was in pursuit of a car and a person from the pursued car shot at the the officer while in chase. The officer pulled his pistol and once caught back up, shoot 4 or 5 rounds through his front windshield and hit one of the suspects. When the officer was questioned about the shot, his reply was they had tested trajectory and accuracy of shooting through the windshields and their results where the bullets trajectory and impact location was not changed. The video came from YouTube.

Rwc
        Last edited by Rwc; 05-14-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
          My son shared a video with me a year or so ago where a Florida policemen was in pursuit of a car and a person from the pursued car shot at the the officer while in chase. The officer pulled his pistol and once caught back up, shoot 4 or 5 rounds through his front windshield and hit one of the suspects. When the officer was questioned about the shot, his reply was they had tested trajectory and accuracy of shooting through the windshields and their results where the bullets trajectory and impact location was not changed. The video came from YouTube.

Rwc
          That's good to hear. Looking at the pattern of shots going out the window, he was pretty steady on his aim while driving and maneuvering.

Comment

Oh both of them made it

Comment

Working...
            X