Surprise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise!

Was doing a walk-around at church getting ready for workday and noticed these on a red oak in the playground.

We have had less than an inch of rain in the last 60 days, and this area doesn't have a sprinkler system either.

Nice surprise but no hunting on Sunday!

Comment

I haven’t seen one acorn around here this year !
      Hoping they be looking for the corn.
      Some years I pick up acorns at shopping centers etc. and feed them.

Comment

Your roots run deep.

Comment

Trying to reproduce in a stressed time.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
            Trying to reproduce in a stressed time.
            Right…Ive seen this a bunch in response to stress. Whereas it needs water to achieve fill and it looks like its getting it from somewhere. Think of an oak like an iceberg. You only see 1/3 of the biomass. The other 2/3 are under ground and unseen…sucking water.

My driveway native pecan just aborted and shed a boat load of nutlets within the past day.
            Last edited by Briar Friar; 08-08-2022, 11:09 PM. Reason: 2/3SuckWaterSpake

Comment

My pecans in the yard are LOADED.
              Last edited by Greenheadless; 08-08-2022, 11:09 PM.

Comment

My pecans are doing great also
                Last edited by Passafist; 08-09-2022, 07:29 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

My white oaks around the house and on my 40ac are loaded. I was surprised with the lack of rain.

Comment

I scouted some Oak's the last couple weeks in McLennan and Bosque Counties and I have found the White (Overcups) and Red Oaks have many more cups started on them than the Live Oaks. Most all native pecans I have scouted are loaded as well.

Looked at a few Live Oaks in Tom Green County and a couple had some small cups on them, but the ground was loaded with small shed ones also.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                    X