Kansas LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas LIVE!

Man. After a year off last year, the anticipation has me scratching like a patient at the methadone clinic! Hard to believe season is 5 weeks away. Ready to get this party started. The email of my incoming mail for the day isn’t helping matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed last year too, after 17 or 18 straight, and killing my best in 20. It was a rough winter last year not being able to go. I'm back in the saddle this year though. Can't wait.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged!! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me & E got ours!

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
          Me & E got ours!
          Nice! Looking forward to tagging along with everyone else that got lucky!

Comment

Tageed!

Comment

No deer in Kansas!

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                No deer in Kansas!
                Never seen one up there

Comment

Dad and buddy got drawn this year but looks like I will be camp *****! had a few culls I was really wanting to see this year.

Comment

KPWD discussed the elimination of baiting in Ks at the monthly meeting in August. Trying to avoid EHD. Sounds like it is likely to be banned in 2023. Commissioner said “baiting is in the crosshairs” in the battle against EHD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
                      KPWD discussed the elimination of baiting in Ks at the monthly meeting in August. Trying to avoid EHD. Sounds like it is likely to be banned in 2023. Commissioner said “baiting is in the crosshairs” in the battle against EHD.
                      I know there are dissenting opinions on this topic, but I’m in the camp to eliminate baiting in Kansas. I’m glad KPWD is discussing the issue.

Comment

Drew my first Ks tag this year. “If” you could only make it for 1 week, which week would you choose? Unit 10 on private 800 ac farm. Thanks,

Comment

Rut

Originally posted by TobyMac2915 View Post
                          Drew my first Ks tag this year. “If” you could only make it for 1 week, which week would you choose? Unit 10 on private 800 ac farm. Thanks,
                          I'd go about the 10th of Nov and stay as long as I could. Even a week earlier could work though.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyMac2915 View Post
                            This will be my 6th year in Kansas. I hunt unit 6, McPherson area. I am a fan on 11/7 - 11/10. That is when I have had the most luck. I will be there 11/5 - 11/12

This is my deer from last year, 11/8/21.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by WilliamL; 09-01-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                              I know there are dissenting opinions on this topic, but I’m in the camp to eliminate baiting in Kansas. I’m glad KPWD is discussing the issue.
                              Banning of baiting seems to work in other mid-west states.

Been in the talks in Kansas for many years. If my memories is correct, I think in about 2012 or so, baiting was a heated topic at the KPWD yearly meeting and almost voted to be eliminated. Most farmers and of course coops where against changing the rules do to lose of sales. Most of the KPWD biologist were for banning it arguing greater odds of spreading diseases.

One of the arguments from farmers were that banning baiting would lead to less deer killed and they wanted more deer killed do to crop damages.

Another group that was greatly against banning of baiting was the big insurance underwriters. They gave testimony on the amount of claims resulting from deer/car accidents and the amount of money spent to repair. Honestly, there argument was for greater allowable harvest numbers per hunter.

If banned, it will just push hunters to create smaller food plots to draw deer in closer for a greater chance to kill a deer....kind of like baiting....

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                              X