Team Punctuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Punctuation

If desired, we can have some remedial tutorials for the folks who have forgotten their elementary school lessons. We can work with y'all on the complexities of how to place PERIODS at the end of sentences, COMMAS to clarify phrases and thoughts, APOSTOPHES correctly with contractions and possessive nouns. Lastly, we can discuss the use of PARAGRAPHS to break up 10,000 words of commentary.

Don't forget; punctuation and spelling is impotent!

Click image for larger version

Name:	52DB7112-79E4-4843-86D1-01DBC97181F6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	25279166

Name:	C901E6AE-DFF0-4E1B-B449-5A8722480370.jpeg
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	25279167

Name:	408C2C99-76D5-40AA-8424-E314F1F05F09.jpeg
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	25279168

[ATTACH]1085302[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1085303[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1085304[/ATTACH]

Comment

I am in for the replies.

Comment

Yew gone sale sum dem grammatical books, Randy? I'd bye won wen I git their.

Stu

Comment

If we are gonna preach punctuation, can we have a little Spanish lesson??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

https://mobile.twitter.com/__bee_kay...68787874484234
            Thanks, Paul! As some would say, "de notta!"

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

https://mobile.twitter.com/__bee_kay...68787874484234
              ¡Garcias!

Comment

Really annoys me when people dont use propper punctuation or misspell words

Comment

Bless you, Randy!

Please add the following topics:
                  1. Using “like” as an article
                  2. The proper use of the word “of” before a noun (I.e., “it wasn’t that big (of) of a deal.” The word “of” is incorrect here.

Comment

I thought a simecolon was somethun my gastro-ologist looked at every 5 years. And I certainly ain't tell-n nobody "I'm sorry, I love you" with it!

Burnydale, you bring-n a chalk board?

Comment

Eye dew knot no weather are knot I understand….

But I hate reading comments where a person has no clue about punctuation and you really can’t keep up with their thoughts due to never using periods or commas and it is like a five paragraph sentence where they never have a pause or any kind of a break but just keep talking and sometimes change the subject which I guess is in the middle of a sentence but it’s hard to tell since there is no sentence and not really a paragraph with the beginning and an ending but some kind of rambling thought process where they expect you that determine exactly when or where their thoughts changed but it is really a difficult process to determine what in the heck they are talking about due to that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Bless you, Randy!

2. The proper use of the word “of” before a noun (I.e., “it wasn’t that big (of) of a deal.” The word “of” is incorrect here.
                        True, but more forgivable than typing "would of" or "could of" instead of the correct would've or should've.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          If desired, we can have some remedial tutorials for the folks who have forgotten their elementary school lessons. We can work with y'all on the complexities of how to place PERIODS at the end of sentences, COMMAS to clarify phrases and thoughts, APOSTOPHES correctly with contractions and possessive nouns. Lastly, we can discuss the use of PARAGRAPHS to break up 10,000 words of commentary.

Don't forget; punctuation and spelling is impotent!

[ATTACH]1085299[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1085300[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1085301[/ATTACH]

What’s an APOSTOPHE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            Bless you, Randy!

I wish I had given you more notice, Shawn, so you could HAVE prepared our lesson plans!

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            I thought a simecolon was somethun my gastro-ologist looked at every 5 years. And I certainly ain't tell-n nobody "I'm sorry, I love you" with it!

Burnydale, you bring-n a chalk board?
                            We will just draw in the sand.

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            Eye dew knot no weather are knot I understand….

But I hate reading comments where a person has no clue about punctuation and you really can’t keep up with their thoughts due to never using periods or commas and it is like a five paragraph sentence where they never have a pause or any kind of a break but just keep talking and sometimes change the subject which I guess is in the middle of a sentence but it’s hard to tell since there is no sentence and not really a paragraph with the beginning and an ending but some kind of rambling thought process where they expect you that determine exactly when or where their thoughts changed but it is really a difficult process to determine what in the heck they are talking about due to that issue.
                            Exactly!!! You can be my teacher's aide, Terry!

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                            What’s an APOSTOPHE?
                            Ah, Grasshoppa, I wondered how long it would take for someone to spot that! You, my friend, get to move to the head of the class!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              I wish I had given you more notice, Shawn, so you could HAVE prepared our lesson plans!

We will just draw in the sand.

Exactly!!! You can be my teacher's aide, Terry!

Ah, Grasshoppa, I wondered how long it would take for someone to spot that! You, my friend, get to move to the head of the class!

Hell yeah!!! #winning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X