Dealing with bullies in school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with bullies in school

Does anyone who have kids, had their children bullied at school? If so, how did you deal with it? Do you try the diplomatic route or do you just get medieval? I wanna hear stories of your past bulling experiences.

Here's a true story of my pops getting medieval on some high school kids when I was in the 7th grade:

I remember one time in the 7th grade, we had to ride the bus with the high school kids. I'd always had trouble with black males for some reason. To give you a little background, my mother is Sicilian and my father is black. I'm light-skinned and had straight hair. All the little girlies in school liked me. That didn't sit too well with some of the other black boys in school. The called me half breed, white boy, etc., when I was younger.

Anyway, this particular day I was getting on the bus, this black sophmore pushed me down on the bus. Now I was bigger then this kid was (I was about 180# then). Thw whole bus was laughing at me.

I came home that day and told my dad the next morning cuz he worked 2nd shift. Now my pops is nothing to play with. He's about 6'0", 270# and a former Marine Drill Instructor and VERY anti-social. I woke him up and told him what happened. Boy was he ******! HE told me to get in the car and we drove to the bus stop. He parked the car, got out cussing and yelling and told me to pick out the guy who pushed me down. I found the guy and my pops asked him how old he was. The boy, Aaron, said he was 16. My dad then replied that in his eyes, he was a grown-azz man and he's lucky that he (dad) didn't stomp him out. Then he looked at me and told me to hit him back! So I hauled off and bust Aaron dead in his face. Closed fist, bleeding, glasses knocked off, the whole nine! Man, I brought it back from the hog lot (as we say in NC). After that, pops told all the kids at the bus stop (about 100 of them) that next time this happens, people all over the world will hear about this on the news. Then, he LEFT me at the bus stop!!!!! No one said a word to me ths rest of the year.......

My oldest daughter once had issues with it. My wife did not want me to handle it so she went the PC path. After 2 years of that failing I told my daughter to whoop the other girls arse. She did, was sent to the office. The principle told me everything that was going to happen and I informed him no that was not what was going to happen. They had 2 years to correct the problem and refused to do so. He said he had to do something in the way of punishment so I told him to give her a lick and send her back to class. He did and the problem was solved. One of the biggest problems in schools is this BS zero tolerance crap when it comes to fighting. Growing up we fought all of the time. I think you become a better person if you are willing to stand up and fight for what you believe is right....In fact I think this country was founded by folks who thought the same thing....

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
      My oldest daughter once had issues with it. My wife did not want me to handle it so she went the PC path. After 2 years of that failing I told my daughter to whoop the other girls arse. She did, was sent to the office. The principle told me everything that was going to happen and I informed him no that was not what was going to happen. They had 2 years to correct the problem and refused to do so. He said he had to do something in the way of punishment so I told him to give her a lick and send her back to class. He did and the problem was solved. One of the biggest problems in schools is this BS zero tolerance crap when it comes to fighting. Growing up we fought all of the time. I think you become a better person if you are willing to stand up and fight for what you believe is right....In fact I think this country was founded by folks who thought the same thing....

-john

Very true. Great post.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
        -john
        X2 they are way too scared about one kid busting another. detentions and suspensions just **** kids off more and it solves nothing

Comment

I believe in corporal punishment and I am more than willing to allow my son to give it out if need be. However, if he is the bully then I get to give it out to him. There's just not enough good ole fashioned butt whippins anymore.

Comment

I got called to the school when my son was in 6th grade. A kid was bullying him around and CJ put the knock down on him just like I tought him to do. In the principles office, I asked the principle if CJ started it and he said no. I asked CJ if he kicked the other kids *** and he said yes. I gave him a big high five and told the principle that I saw absolurely no problem! They started calling my wife instead.

Comment

My son had a kid picking on him all the time. He told the teach about it and she did little to solve the problem. I told him to knock his teeth out and guess what, problem solved. Time out doesn't work for me.

Comment

I was bullied alot in my first school district. I transfered to my dads school district so I could get to know some folks and have him as my AG teacher in Highschool. I was never a bully, but after my first week in my new school (8th grade) I was never bullied again either. I had a buddy that was black, played football together, that I knew for a long time and 3 other black kids jumped him. Well Derik could hold his own but 3 was just to many. When it was over 2 others had jumped in and there were 3 laying on the floor and 2 still getting the crap beat out of them by the time the teachers and principal broke it up. I dont know what was worse, getting the licks from the principal, or him making me walk across to the highschool and explaine to my dad the bloody nose and the reason I was in trouble. He grounded me for a week but still gave me the pat on the back good job for standing up for my friend.

I dont believe fighting settles it all but you have to set your own ground rules. If you let it happen to often then you will be the one that everyone bullies. If you stand your ground then people will know how far they can push/pick on you before it goes wrong for them. My daughter is that way already. She shares and takes crap off other kids since she is the littlest but I watched her last week when a kid took something from her then got in her face and just was yelling and screaming like a lil pain in the neck. Tatum just got up and squared up and pushed the girl to the ground, the kid was 4 and Tatum is not even 2 yet. I was like dang, watching UFC paid off, but I also had to disipline her for doing it. I kissed her and said good job but you got to go to timeout for a minute.

Comment

Brazilizn Jiu Jitsu

Comment

Teeth out problem always solved

Comment

Back in the late 50s i too went thru being bullied. This kid used to kick my ***at least once a week. That is until my dad found out about it. Let it be understood that i am all for dialogue, but this kind of behavior just don't seem to respond to dialogue.

My dad sat me down and explained to me that this kid nor his parents would understand that this was not just a little problem between kids, and it would not end anytime soon. He told me that the only course of action would be as follows: "Tomorrow , as soon as i got to school i would look this kid up and walk up to him not say a thing, and punch him right in the mouth. After that you better do your best to finish the job. "Son please understand me", he said. If he gets the best of you and you come home with a fresh ****weeping, you and i will take a trip to the wood shed.

Having taken many trips with dad to the wood shed and remembering the results, i decided that would be alot worse than what that kid could possibly do to me. So i was determined to kick that kids butt. The following morning i did as instructed and it all ended.

That was bad luck for that kid. When the other kids saw that he was nothing to be scared of they took there turn on kicking his butt as payback for the torment that he had made them go thru.

Comment

Originally posted by StikSlinger View Post
                        My son had a kid picking on him all the time. He told the teach about it and she did little to solve the problem. I told him to knock his teeth out and guess what, problem solved. Time out doesn't work for me.
                        ...and that's how it's done

Comment

A fat nasty talking punk girl was messing with my daughter when she was in middle school. She had talked to the teachers and principle which just made it worst. She wasn't scared of the girl, she was scared of me bustin her azz for getting in trouble at school. When she told me some of the thing this little b(*&CH was saying to her, I told her to ignore her mouth, unless she touches you, then you "BETTER" beat her azz and she would not be in trouble. 3 days later the girl walked up behind her and pushed her causing her to drop her books. My little Tom Boy went motivational on her fat azz and beat her like she owned her. Put a good ol' Country arse whoopin on her. The stupid girl had no idea what she was asking for...
                          No problems since, and my girl didn't get into trouble for fighting at home...She got indoor suspension, but I was good with that!

Comment

Porterhouse's Dispute Resolution Theory

"There are not very many problems in this world that cannot be solved by someone getting a good old fashion butt whoopin'."

Comment

You gotta allow your children to fight back!! I told mine that they had better fight back if they get hit or pushed around but that I better not find out that they were starting stuff cause than I was gonna gonna get the belt out. Defending yourself is a must and standing up for yourself is a must to stop the bullies and to help with their self esteem! I say 100 percent fight back and dont start trouble just finish it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X