Austin Bats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin Bats

We're in town and would like to go see the bats. I know it can be crazy around here, so would like some details on where to park, what time, and how best to see them.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Congress bridge is where you want to be.

Austin Bat Refuge: Giving bats a second chance through rehabilitation and release, conflict resolution, and education.

Comment

Are they COVID bats?

Comment

Congress Bridge is the Austin colony they will come outvon the East side. Not sure where you are but easier is going tonRound Rock just North of Academy and sit on the East side of I 35 in a lawn chair with everyone else.

If you want to go on Congress I suggest going to the Hyatt (I think) on the South shoreline and they do a bat tour where you go on their party boat and watch.

Comment

Make sure you wear your MAGA hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Congress Bridge is the Austin colony they will come outvon the East side. Not sure where you are but easier is going tonRound Rock just North of Academy and sit on the East side of I 35 in a lawn chair with everyone else.

If you want to go on Congress I suggest going to the Hyatt (I think) on the South shoreline and they do a bat tour where you go on their party boat and watch.
            Bat tours are sold out. That was the plan, but didn't think about tickets soon enough.

Any idea on where to eat beforehand? We did El Arroyo last night. May do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
              Bat tours are sold out. That was the plan, but didn't think about tickets soon enough.

Any idea on where to eat beforehand? We did El Arroyo last night. May do it again.

Papasitos is where I'd eat.

Comment

Barton Springs Chuys

Comment

Late to say but try Stiles Switch.

Comment

Back in the 70's and 80's this was fun and simple..................

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                      Make sure you wear your MAGA hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      HELL YES!!

I heard Austin finally kicked the bums out that were living along the freeways. Austin was looking pretty bad there for a while, or noticeably worse than normal.

Comment

We're in town and would like to go see the bats. I know it can be crazy around here, so would like some details on where to park, what time, and how best to see them.

Thanks.

Someone tell them about all these tasty North TX mosquitoes up here needing to become Austin bat dinner.

Hope you got to see them tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                          Someone tell them about all these tasty North TX mosquitoes up here needing to become Austin bat dinner.

Hope you got to see them tonight.
                          We saw a few, bit they never swarmed out while we were there.

Comment

We saw a few, bit they never swarmed out while we were there.

Bummer, better luck next time if you and your family get a chance to see them again, maybe earlier or later.

Comment

Not sure if this is really the cause, but the freeze killed a ton of bats. I bet the catfish gorged themselves under that bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X