Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket w/CookShack Super Smoker Elite - Secret to good bark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to be smoking a brisket on a CookShack Super Smoker Elite next weekend. I've used it before, and love the way it cooks for an electric smoker. The meat comes out nice and tender. But, i've been very frustrated w/ the lack of a pretty, red, smoke ring, and lack of bark. Anyone have any advice on how to achieve a nice smoke rings, and a good bark w/ this equipment?

FWIW - I have to travel a long way for this family event so hauling the Traeger is a hassle. The folks i'm feeding don't really know any better, so they think the product i've made before is really good. I'd like to ratchet things up a notch or two if possible. If this is just not possible with an electric smoker, i'd like to know that as well. That way i could quit chasing the brisket unicorn.

Thanks~
    Mike

Secret is an offset smoker. Not something you can plug into the wall.

Comment

IMO the secret to a good bark is in the rub and whether one wraps or not. Letting it ride no wrap will always produce a better bark, at least for me. If you do decide to wrap at the stall then then pink butcher paper over foil is a decent compromise between no wrap and foil which I stay away from. I used to wrap in paper but now I just let them ride, my wife an I both like a little crunch in the bark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        a CookShack Super Smoker
        Dang that’s a mouth full everytime you need to tell folks what you cook on[emoji23]

Comment

For that bark just burn it like everyone else does

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Low and slow….no Texas crutch.

Comment

Does your electric smoker not have a tray for wood chips or pellets?

Comment

Get a couple of these and some pellets and put them in the chamber while you are cooking. The electrics that I’ve seen just don’t generate enough smoke.

Lovefish Pellet Smoker Tube, 2... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JGKK2C7...p_mob_ap_share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You aren’t going to get the bark from an electric smoker like a stick or a pellet grill. However, it will still taste great.

Comment

Stick burner!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                      Stick burner!
                      No, no no. Pellet is the way to go. They produce a far superior brisket. Way easier too. Purina Rabbit Chow has the best smoke ring and flavor.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

You lost me at electric...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Cookshack Elite and can smoke killer stuff. No bark like the offsets but it doesn’t bother me. Everything made is moist and super tasty. Did an excellent pork butt yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                          X