My Memorial Day Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Memorial Day Post

With Memorial Day coming up in just a few hours away, please remember it is not a holiday for celebration.
    It is not a day set aside for barbecuing in the back yard although you can do that if you like.
    It is not a day set aside for all the menial things we use as an excuse to gather with friends, drink, play games, hangout, or whatever it is you do...…..yes, you can certainly partake in them as well.
    But while you are doing these things, please remember this....

IT IS A DAY SET ASIDE FOR REMEBERANCE,

let us pause if only for a moment to remember the sacrifices made by our armed forces. Sacrifices that keep our precious freedoms intact. Sacrifices that allow us the freedom to do the trivial little things everyday that make us who we are, that make us happy..........that make us uniquely Americans.

If you do nothing else this coming Monday, please remember this......

"Somebody died for me today, I will endeavor, everyday, to be worthy of that sacrifice"

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND GOD BLESS AMERICA

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.- General George S. Patton

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS and GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Great post

Kids today that know what Memorial Day is really about are few and far between

Sadly the adults are not much more likely to know either

Comment

Earn it

Comment

[ATTACH]1051279[/ATTACH]

Comment

Good reminder for what the day is supposed to memorialize.

Comment

Aye,

A time to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. It is also a day to gently educate others as to why we remember.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Great post

Kids today that know what Memorial Day is really about are few and far between

Sadly the adults are not much more likely to know either
                We had our kids watch Band of Brothers and talked about each episode and the sacrifices made by those that had laid their life down for our freedoms. It is our responsibility as parents and Americans the ensure the future generations understand the cost that was paid for the freedoms they enjoy today.

God Bless all that have given their life for our ability to enjoy the freedoms this great country offers everyone.

Comment

Land of the Free Thanks to the Brave!

Comment

My brother didn’t make it home from Vietnam never got to see he’s son, many young men paid with there lives for all of us to be free!
                    RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Always remember and be grateful for our fallen heroes today.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                        Earn it

^^what he said.

Comment

Working...
                        X