Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-kinking Water Hose Recommendation

Should say non--kinking water hose.

I've got a 14 year old commercial grade rubber water hose I bought 14 years ago at Sam's Wholesale Club that is still going strong. It has been outside since I bought it and does not kink or split. Sam's no longer carries this hose, nor one like it. Most of the kink resistant or professional class hoses kink badly, and I have not been able to locate one similar to the one I purchased at Sam's, which appeas to have a genuine rubber exterior. Anybody have any recommendations for a durable, non-kinking commercial grade rubber hose. I have looked at all of the bog box stores, but havent seen one similar to what I have, and/or the customer reviews are not great. Thanks in advance for any insight or help you can offer.
    Last edited by Bigfootwolff; 05-15-2021, 04:09 PM.

I’m in for the input! I’ve spent a load of money on many that I hate.

Comment

In as well as I’m going to need to get a water hose soon.

Comment

Watching as well. One of life's little frustrations that drive me crazy is a hose that throws a kink in itself just to be spiteful. Makes me say bad words.

Comment

Following also.

Comment

Expensive but checkout Eley.

Comment

I used to buy non-rubber hoses and regretted it. Now, I only buy rubber hoses and have been very pleased with their longevity. I replace a washer every so often but that's cheap compared to replacing hoses! I believe I bought my last 2-3 were from Lowe's.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Watching as well. One of life's little frustrations that drive me crazy is a hose that throws a kink in itself just to be spiteful. Makes me say bad words.
                that is the truth - before church on Sunday I go out to mess with a hose and I end up cussing a stream - I will pay whatever $$ it takes

Comment

I just bought a flexzilla water hose and love it, haven't had it kink once.

Comment

I have had one of these for 2 years and love it.
                    Shop Zero-G Teknor Apex 5/8-in x 100-ft Premium-Duty Kink Free Woven Gray Hose in the Garden Hoses department at Lowe's.com. The Teknor Apex zero-G® hose is up to 50% lighter in weight than standard garden hoses which provides for easy coiling, maneuverability and compact

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                      I have had one of these for 2 years and love it.
                      https://www.lowes.com/pd/Teknor-Apex...ose/1000168059
                      Got one of those for the camper and it's been great so far.

Comment

Look at underhill hoses. Used on golf courses everywhere, they dont kink or split. Pricey but worth it.

Comment

Get a craftsman rubber hose. Not the red ones that the sell at Lowe’s but the black one which you can get from ACE hardware or Amazon. I’ve got 3 or 4 of them that are 10 plus years old and still as good as the day I bought them. And they do not kink. I have yet to see anything that compares to their quality available in stores.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                            Get a craftsman rubber hose. Not the red ones that the sell at Lowe’s but the black one which you can get from ACE hardware or Amazon. I’ve got 3 or 4 of them that are 10 plus years old and still as good as the day I bought them. And they do not kink. I have yet to see anything that compares to their quality available in stores.
                            I’ve got two of these that are older than my 8 y/o.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                              The older ones from the 90’s were awesome but the 2 I purchased in the last five years kink all of the time! I wish it wasn’t true but it is -at least with my personal experience...

Comment

Working...
                              X