Looking to buy some sunflower seeds for cultivating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy some sunflower seeds for cultivating

Need a seed dealer that has 200 pounds of black oil sunflower seed for planting. My guy fell through. I don’t mind driving a couple hours of Houston to get them. Brazoria county would be great. Greatly appreciated

I use Turner Seed out of Breckinridge. They will ship the seed to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Short Mag View Post
      I use Turner Seed out of Breckinridge. They will ship the seed to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This

Comment

If ya cant find..Just buy the Black SF that they feed birds at TSC..probably cheaper..seems to grow like weeds where i throw out to birds

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
          If ya cant find..Just buy the Black SF that they feed birds at TSC..probably cheaper..seems to grow like weeds where i throw out to birds
          This. If youre not sure buy some and do a germination test.

Comment

Bump

Comment

What are you wanting exactly? There are peredovik sunflower and clearfield seed. Peredovik is not herbicide tolerant so your post treatment for weeds is limited to grass killer like a clethodim treatment. Clearfield uses beyond herbicide which is a grass/broadleaf herbicide that wont hurt clearfields. 200 lbs is a lot of seed. How many acres are you planting and are you broadcasting or using a planter/drill?

Comment

Seed spacing is important. Thats a lot of seed as mentioned

Comment

I had good luck with mixing a 25# bag of the birdseed ones in with 50#of IC peas.

Of course the deer who never ate anything I planted before decided they liked sunflowers and after they ate them all they ate the peas too

About to plant more next week

Comment

I like the peredovik seeds.

about a hundred days to maturity, so I guess I should get started pretty soon...

Comment

Producers Co-op in Bryan has them. I bought some a week ago Friday.

Comment

Working...
                      X