Frustrated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated!

For nearly 4 months now I have been trying to get my foot in the door in getting into the Oil Field and cant seem to do so without having some type of experience or knowing someone on the inside to get me in and I am willing to move anywhere all over the state. I have applied from South Texas to the top of the Panhandle to East Texas all the way out to Odessa and still no luck...

What type of work experience do you have? And what kinda of money do you need to make to start off with?

Comment

Frac crew or Drilling ...learn from the ground up and graduate The School of Hard Knocks!

If the books wont do it, this is the best hands-on way to learn if you want to move up, the choice is yours and the pay is not too bad either!

Good Luck

Comment

Lie on your resume

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Cuatro361 View Post
          Frac crew or Drilling ...learn from the ground up and graduate The School of Hard Knocks!

If the books wont do it, this is the best hands-on way to learn if you want to move up, the choice is yours and the pay is not too bad either!

Good Luck

If you're looking to get on with a Frac company (working in the field) plan on being asked if you have a CDL. With a CDL being young, healthy and ready for long hours you WILL NOT have a problem getting hired on. Hiring is slow right now due to end of the year budgets so stay patient, it will be blowing and going come January. Good luck.
          Last edited by EZ-10RANCH; 10-15-2012, 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Remember, once you move where the work is you must follow it as it moves.. You can also stay where you live now and work in Houston in the manufacturing of equipment, tools and parts for the oilfield. That's how I started long ago. What type of work do you want to do?

Comment

Halliburton
              Baker
              Schlumberger
              Supreme Services
              Express Services
              Basic Energy
              Key Energy
              Frac Tech
              Rising Star
              C & J Services
              Tri Can

Those arer a few off the top of my head I KNOW are hiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuatro361 View Post

Good Luck
                Yup, rotary tech is a great start.

Comment

Honestly probably not the best time but its always worth a shot.. Alot of companies won't be hiring again until after the first of the year because of budgets, contracts, etc. I know several drilling companies have a hiring freeze because of it right now.

Comment

How old are you?

Comment

Do u have a degree? U looking to get into the upstream side(drilling, etc.) or refining(refinery,chemical plant,etc.) I work in refining at XOM. I can give u some tips if u have a degree and maybe some without one but its harder.

Comment

^^^exactly what EZ-10 said^^^

I mentioned that because if I remember seeing a post, you just turned 21. I would make that CDL a priority and a Haz-mat endorsement would be a plus. You can make plenty of money out there for a young go-getter! Just be safe, be aware of your surroundings and no question is a dumb question!!! Last quarter will slow the hiring process, but a good canidate will be on the top of the list come the latter part of the first 2013 quarter...

P.S. Take advantage of your down time and get plenty of rest (a tired worker is a hazard to you and the entire crew)
                        Last edited by Cuatro361; 10-15-2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I am 21 and no degree only a High School Graduate. I am looking to start off at a entry level job just to get my foot in the door to prove myself to the company that I am a hard worker. Then eventually move my way up. I live in the Houston area but am willing to move wherever it takes. What are good entry level jobs in the Oil Field?

Comment

also get your TWIC card...

Comment

As of this time most Oilfield manufacturing companys are taking apps. and doing interview.but are not hiring and if you get a job be ready for a pay of $14.50 to $16.75 an hour.You can try NRG in Tomball They have a banner up help wanted(be careful). CS&P on Telge is looking for mechanic assemblers(ac and heated shop).Baker is slow and wont be hiring until the new year(maybe).Weatherford,give them a try I have heared they have a hiring freeze going on. I have heared Turn Key on 2978 has been letting people go as well.Do not try Stewart and Stevenson on Telge They laid-off 70 workes last week(I was one of them). FMC just had a job fair but was only paying 16.00 an hour. You can try Surefire in Dallas or Houston. Enerflow(NOV) by Bush airport.Iam going by there tomarrow.or you can try Canrig in magnolia. Good luck and I will see you at the HR dept.

Comment

Working...
                              X