Age and score this deer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age and score this deer...

Iam thinking he's 4 1/2,but Iam not sure.He has been come to the pin from Aug. 11 to last friday like clock work. Give some help GS.. Should I let the arrow fly, or give him another year?
    Attached Files

Walk

Comment

I would let Em go another year or two. Where in Brady are you hunting? I had a place out there and was just thinking how crazy it would be if somebody on here took over my old lease.

Comment

I'd shoot him as a cull/management buck. They get a lot bigger around there. If possible, let "trophies" get to be 7 or 8 years old. HUGE difference.

Comment

lilbradford,our lease is backed up to the HOT Bowhunting ranch and Jacoby's ranch out by Melvin.I am planing to let him walk this year,and hope the other guys let him walk or if they are just going to pay the fine and shoot.

Comment

Ok. Your near where I use to be. We were west of 2028 where it turns North to go to Melvin. Owner is Mike Dale. He's a realtor in Mason. Great guy. Told us if the lease ever becomes available again we are first on his list.

Comment

There were some 8 points out there by that place last Saturday evening.

Comment

Are you saying you know where my old lease is because you know mike or just guessing the area west of 2028? Been trying to find a lease back up in that area. Nothing huge. 300+acres year round access for around $5000 for the whole lease. 3-4 guns. If you see or hear anything will you PM me? Ive tried everything. Called stores, asked my old lease owner, joined lease hunter. NADA...
                Last edited by lilbradford; 09-11-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

we drive 2028 in between hunting and just drive around looking at what we can find,one of the guys on our lease showed me the area.I will ask around and Mike out at Jacoby's when I go up next. there was a few post on here about lease's around colamen(I dont know how far that is).I will keep an ear and eyes open for you...

Comment

Awesome. I appreciate it man. Goodluck this year. Keep us posted with pics.

Comment

Im thinking only 3.5 and 125

Comment

Thanks,Iam letting him walk dont need he fine from our lease..

Comment

he's 3 1/2 yr.old and Iam saying 105.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I hunt in Brady too, my lease is north of town about 20 miles off HW 377. I'd let him walk for sure, we have a bunch of deer like him too, need some more years. Our rules are taking nothing under 4.5 yrs at our lease. Last year a guy took a 146" at our lease but it was 7.5 yrs old too. I'm learning you really need to let these hill country deer grow old for them to become trophies. There are even some 4.5 yr olds coming to my feeders I'm thinking on passing on because its questionable that they will even make P&Y. Look at my recent post .

Comment

Hi Rudy, I got another 10 that hangs out off camrea(I have only got one photo of him).We have fines,and this guy will cost me.But we have other guys that have DEEP POCKETS and the will shoot anything that hopp into there pin.I just hope this guy makes it another year.

Comment

Working...
                              X