No announcement yet.

Thieves got me this time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called Yamaha today looking for a replacement motor, there's none in inventory in Texas. I told them mine was stolen and they asked for the s/n, they put it in their national registry as stolen and said if anyone called a dealer for parts it would flag as stolen. Maybe that helps, l hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
      I called Yamaha today looking for a replacement motor, there's none in inventory in Texas. I told them mine was stolen and they asked for the s/n, they put it in their national registry as stolen and said if anyone called a dealer for parts it would flag as stolen. Maybe that helps, l hope so.
      Hang in Kevin, that’s about the best lead you might get on your motor. Sorry this happened to you.

Comment

I have to give credit where it's due. I wasn't real happy with the Matagorda County Sheriffs response when I called to report my outboard. I was called a little while ago by a Sheriffs investigator, she asked a lot of questions and is on the way out to Sargent this afternoon to look around and ask around if anyone saw anything. She'll contact me in the next couple days to let me know what she found. It made me feel a lot better after talking with her.

Comment

I have to give credit where it's due. I wasn't real happy with the Matagorda County Sheriffs response when I called to report my outboard. I was called a little while ago by a Sheriffs investigator, she asked a lot of questions and is on the way out to Sargent this afternoon to look around and ask around if anyone saw anything. She'll contact me in the next couple days to let me know what she found. It made me feel a lot better after talking with her.
          Glad to hear this about follow up by LE Kevin, sounds like they are doing what can be done. Hope she turns something up.

Comment

I talked with a Narcotics Task Force Officer yesterday from the county, he believes this to be drug related. There's a group of thieves that drive around taking pictures of your stuff sitting outside, like my outboard. They post pictures on the web selling your stuff, when they get a buyer they go steal it from you. That way they don't have a bunch of stolen property sitting around they need to sell, they sell it before they steal it. Now I hate them even more.

Comment

I talked with a Narcotics Task Force Officer yesterday from the county, he believes this to be drug related. There's a group of thieves that drive around taking pictures of your stuff sitting outside, like my outboard. They post pictures on the web selling your stuff, when they get a buyer they go steal it from you. That way they don't have a bunch of stolen property sitting around they need to sell, they sell it before they steal it. Now I hate them even more.
              I almost despise lawyers, judges and liberals as much as the actual thieves. Take PC BS out of the equation and start shooting the thieves ASAP and things will get better.

Or let us handle things ourselves but maybe actually back the person who had their stuff stolen instead of the new, hopefully dead "victim".

Comment

Working...
              X