Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    I didn't like this paragraph.

Can other animals be affected by HogStop?
    Yes. Non-ruminant animals such as deer, raccoons, sheep and goats may be affected by a reduction in fertility, if eaten in large quantities. Bull fertility may be affected. To avoid non-target animal effects, HogStop recommends hog-specific feeders that work to keep out all other animal types.
    Deer, sheep, and goats are ruminants.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
      Lost confidence when the author called deer, sheep, and goats non ruminants.

Comment

Waste of time. I wonder what would happen if other aninaks ate a hog that had been getting the drug. All the hogs ccx would have it in their system.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          I wouldn’t allow its use on my property. They root I shoot. We get along just fine.
          Originally posted by M16 View Post
          I’d rather have the hogs. I can hunt them all year long.
          Watch out or you may be labeled

Most people hate hogs because they're told to and/or see it on TV...No other reason. Yes, I understand guys trying to plant crops have to battle them. Been like that for 30 years.

And did someone say the State of Texas is responsible? LOL That's a good one. Hog damage is about as over exaggerated as covid numbers are. And, yes for the 1,000th time I do own a ranch and no the hogs don't tear up much. Cattle do far more damage.

Who's responsible for letting carp in our waters?

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            Lost confidence when the author called deer, sheep, and goats non ruminants.
            Media geniuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
              Exactly. So is he saying it will only effect other non ruminants or will it effect these ruminants listed also?

Comment

Exactly. So is he saying it will only effect other non ruminants or will it effect these ruminants listed also?
                It WILL effect all ruminants.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                  3 things....

1. How do we get rattlesnakes to eat it?

2. Why hasn't this been made for mosquitoes?

3. Can we put this out in communities for human consumption? I think it can help with future election cycles.
                  Now we're going places!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Big waste of time and money. Will be about as effective as trying to do the same thing they did with deer in over populated areas.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      You need “hog specific feeders” to keep deer and other animals out of it or they can become sterile too. Good luck with that.

I see more unintended consequences than results from something like this.
                      Yea, I read about this last night and that stuck out to me. If a hog can get to it everything else can too

Comment

They have been studying this stuff for several years. It was supposed to hit the market a couple years ago but environmental concerns stopped until more testing was done. What they really need is an abortion type feed that would cause the females to abort the fetuses before they can be born.

Comment

people that have hog problems just let people hunt them instead of complaining

Comment

Originally posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
                            people that have hog problems just let people hunt them instead of complaining
                            People hunting them aren't effective at controlling the population and aren't worth the liability that comes along with letting people on your land.

Comment

People hunting them aren't effective at controlling the population and aren't worth the liability that comes along with letting people on your land.
                              Then the pigs simply are not damaging the property as much as is being claimed.

Comment

I am sure there is a form the landowner can get and all parties sign that takes liability off them, Im not on a hunting lease but im sure it pretty much the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X