No announcement yet.

Hope I don’t go to jail tomorrow over Gdads will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you request a restraining order or freeze on all property until probated? I don't know if you can but it is a thought. The problem is what is personal property verses assets. Typically, which may not be the case for you, personal property is not covered or itemized which makes it much more difficult to fairly distribute.

Comment

That sucks and I don't have any good advice, but the same thing is currently going on with my great aunt. She is currently in hospice care and her kids and step kids seem to be more interested in fighting over everything on her property than being with her on her last days. I just don't understand people.

Comment

Good LUCK!!!!!!! Only one i saw was Dead man wish was sell EVERYTHING at AUCTION..and split money with Children (all ADULT) No Squabble

Comment

"Missing" or "stolen" property all sounds like a Civil matter till probate is done.

If I was the guy answering the call for service I'd recommend everything stay where it's at and tell you lock it all down for the sake of everyone

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            I would be at the office of the judge doing the probate and he should “seize” hold all property until probated
            Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            Can you request a restraining order or freeze on all property until probated? I don't know if you can but it is a thought. The problem is what is personal property verses assets. Typically, which may not be the case for you, personal property is not covered or itemized which makes it much more difficult to fairly distribute.
            These things ^

Notify sherriff, and put cams out and be done with it until probate. Thieves gonna be thieves and no it's not worth a physical altercation.

Comment

Hope I don’t go to jail tomorrow over Gdads will

Sorry for your loss bud. Grandpas are special.

Man, I’m tagging this one for the train wreck. You sound like you’re handling it well...my heart goes out too your mom, she shouldn’t have to be dealing with these JA’s. They are “entitled” to what’s in the will and I’d make sure they didn’t get a penny more. Ain’t nothing worse than folks getting greedy while others are mourning a death

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Backwoods101; 05-14-2021, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Sorry...those items were sold and title passed to the new owner.

If you think you are entitled to half, or any part of the proceeds, the probate judge is who you will need to speak with.

Trespassing will result in whatever happens to trespassers.

Comment

Locks and lawyer.

DJ

Comment

That sucks man! Just proves... more money, more problems.

Comment

Youre handling it better than I would. Just reading this makes me want to curb stomp them.

Comment

Speaking frankly, before you do anything I would contact a lawyer. Probate can be a messy process, and you need someone experienced in probate and probate litigation to guide you and protect your interests. There are too many hypotheticals and potential issues for you to get sound advice from the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=texan16;15616740]I purchased the farm and home from my grandad (understanding the fact that the new wife has a life estate interest and can remain there until she dies or it is no longer her primary residence). I was also awarded all “farm equipment” “including, but not limited to tractor and all implements, mowers, shredders, augers, blades and forks”.

I believe you mentioned the new wife has been moved to Hospice care in a different home. If so, this should qualify as vacation of primary residence. At the very least, it will get a judge to shut everything down until the will is probated so legally you're good.

I'd still take the things I wanted to make sure didn't walk off and put them somewhere else. Especially something like a log splitter that can be turned to cash pretty easily.

Comment

*The following is not legal advice and you are advised to obtain your own legal counsel*

Dude, lock that **** up and tell them to get bent. Nothing should be distributed until the judge signs an order. They are not entitled to anything until then. If you purchased all "farm equipment" you have an excellent argument that a SxS and a log splitter are farm equipment. You can't steal what you already own, and even if it is determined later that they are entitled to it they can't just come and grab it before probate. That is the whole purpose of having a judge adjudicate the probate proceedings. Is that language in a bill of sale or other document?

Side note to anyone that doesn't have a will and needs to get it done, "co-executors" is almost always a bad idea. One executor to make the decisions and distributions and a successor executor or two in case the first one can't or won't administer the estate.
                            Last edited by The Crippler; 05-14-2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I think you are safe, but I would ask your lawyer. These deals always turn into a mess, I know we have one coming at some point, I know will turn into a huge battle.

Don't let them take anything, until the probate, make that very clear to all of them.

My best friend died last June, he had no will. His son who is only 24, got a lawyer, because his father had a C6 ZO6 Corvette, a 1990 Mustang GT, that had a lot of work done to it, then a very stout built 427 small block Ford for the GT and a big blower. Then about five cheap cars he kept in the driveway at the house.

My buddy's son's lawyer told him that the children get 60%, then the wife gets 40%, by Texas state law, if there is no will. So here is the bad part, my buddy died of cancer, then he lived with a leach, she had been his girl friend, but things kept getting worse and he was trying to get out of the relationship before he found out he had cancer. But in his condition, about three days before he died in the hospital, she set up a wedding in the hospital. He was in very bad condition, but went through with the wedding. So the leach turned into his wife. That screwed his son over so badly, my buddy was very intelligent, but in his condition, he obviously was not able to think very well at all. There is no way he would have gone for this deal, had he been his normal self, but he went through with the deal.

So after he died, and his son got a lawyer, the leach got a sleazy lawyer, actually first, she probably had the lawyer before he died. His son and the leach, agreed to her getting the cheap cars and Bronco in the driveway. Then the furniture in the house, which they had some nice furniture. Then the son, would get the C6 Vette, Mustang, parts for the Mustang and a few family heirlooms. They agreed to that and ever thing seemed good. So his son grabbed the few things out of the house and left. He already had the Vette and the Mustang was being stored elsewhere.

So the witch/leach, decided she did not get all she should, so she had her lawyer come up with some BS, claiming she had rights to the Vette, so she showed up and took the Vette. Her and her lawyer must have gotten creative on their calculations of 40%. Then after that, they decided she was also entitled to the Mustang and all of it's pieces. My buddy's son was given notice to turn over the Mustang and the parts for the car. He did not, he kept it in storage, he had his lawyer fight the leach witch. This has now been going on for many months, it is still currently going on. The leach witch and her lawyer, seem to have the idea, if they just keep at it long enough, the son will give in and hand over the car and the parts. As of this point, she has gotten at least 90% of my buddy's possessions and she is going for 99.9% of his possessions. How her and her lawyer calculated 40% I don't have a clue. Naturally, this BS is playing out in Houston, where anything goes. They make up the rules as they go.

Just a warning, expect anything, don't let them walk off with anything. Call the law and have them come out and explain to them they have to wait until the probate, to remove any items. Until then F off.

My buddy's son, has kept his father's Mustang and related parts in storage for many months now, long after he was given notice he better hand over the Mustang and related parts. He has not had any problems other than threats from the witch and her lawyer. But at the same time, his lawyer has not been able to make it clear to the witch and her lawyer, she has gotten well beyond her 40% and everyone knows the whole wedding that her 40% is based off of, was a sham. If I was his son, I would have fought the legality of the marriage. I would think for a marriage to be legal, both parties must be of sound mind.

I realize this situation is not all that similar to what you are dealing with. Things I want to point out, is there are state laws, that sleaze ball lawyers, just ignore and that my buddy's son, has held on to the last thing his father owned that was of any value. Even though he has received notice to turn it over, he has not been charge or arrested. The whole deal has really been hard on him, really has me POed, but I have no say so in the whole deal, I am just a spectator.

Comment

They probably aren't very mechanically inclined and no farm smarts. If the tractor has a bucket put the log splitter in and raise to max vertical. If the tractor has forks for back put the sxs on them and again raise to max vertical. Take your tractor keys and setup some cameras to catch their anguished faces as they contemplate the impossible for them

Comment

Working...
                                X