Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What GPS/Chartplotter, besides Garmin, are y’all using on your boats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Love my garmins

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    X2 garmin 93sv uhd's

Comment

Running two 8622 MFDs on my dinghy.

Comment

I have lowrance and bird on the same boat.

Even though the lowrance is 6 years old I like the mapping with navionics on new water.

The bird may be easier to navigate screens on especially with hot keys. I did like snowflakes Garmins the other day.

Like Glenn said I don't think you can go wrong. Go play with some and pick what you like. Just buy as big as your wallet will let you.

Bbgmarine.com had best deals when I shopped

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like Lowrance HDS with navionics for mapping. Some lakes HB with lake masters is better. Really need both.

Comment

I use Lowrance with Cmaps Precision cards(lakes have actually been mapped with sonar equipment).
            On unmapped smaller lakes I make my own maps with Genesis Live mapping.

Here's what my mapping looks like.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Simrad NSS12 EVO3.

Comment

Looks like you got a consensus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                  742xs

My first one needed a software update so I could start using Active Captain. Well, while trying to do an update the unit locked up and was basically no longer functional. Garmin CS basically said I t was toast and they would not do anything with it, but offered a refurbished unit for about half price. Well, the refurbished unit is a POS, have only used it 3 or 4 times and it is randomly freezing and restarting, will not take the latest update, and various other issues.

Talked to Garmin CS today and they told me to do the forced update, which killed my previous unit, I tried to get them take it back and put the money I spent on it towards a brand new one, nope, they won’t do it. So I am hoping this unit takes the forced update, if not I am not spending anymore money with Garmin.

A couple fo friends have the Simrad and like it, so might go that route, it’s comparatively priced to get Garmin.

Garmin is the only GPS I have ever used, the old 72C was a great unit. Fingers crossed this forced update works.

I would try to call Garmin again. They have a great reputation for their excellent customer service. I have read where other people call in with issues and one customer service agent refuses to replace a unit then they call back and another agent replaces it no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    I would try to call Garmin again. They have a great reputation for their excellent customer service. I have read where other people call in with issues and one customer service agent refuses to replace a unit then they call back and another agent replaces it no problem.
                    Amazing the difference between CS reps.

Of course the forced update didn’t take, talked to Garmin CS and now have a new 94SV heading my way. They gave me enough of a discount to cover what I paid for the refurbished 742xs.

Thanks for all the input and feedback.

Comment

Garmin. I had horrible luck with Lowrance reliability and customer service years ago and its kept me away, you had to call Linda Colt to get anything done and then they fired her. Lowrance may be better now but just never looked back. The Birds I had were good and good customer service but only needed it once, I just like the current Garmins interface better and between the 3 I think they are ahead of the curve.
                      Last edited by bossbowman; 05-11-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

New unit finally arrived.

Comment

Working...
                        X