No announcement yet.

Jury duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on a capital murder jury years ago . It lasted 30 days, we found him guilty. He was sentenced to death by lethal injection. Sentence carried out six months later after an appeal. Judge contacted all twelve jurors when it was done.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
      Should have sent him to Jesus instead of prison. He might get sent to Jesus from prison though.
      ...or that “Special Place in Hell” we’ve always heard about.

Comment

I have been picked a couple of times but never had to really serve as different things kept the trial from proceeding. Thanks for you service. It is nice to read about someone that served as opposed to the losers that brag about getting out of their duty.

-john

Comment

I know exactly how you feel Bullhead44. I sat on a jury when we still lived in Austin for the same type of case.

Made me sick to my stomach, mad as hell and proud to be able to serve all at the same time.

We found him guilty as well. Thank you for your jury service.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
            I take great pride in fulfilling my jury duty service. Lots of folks do their best to get out of it. My feeling is that if I was ever in that unfortunate situation, I'd want people like me on the jury.

It's not easy, but thank you for stepping up.
            Ditto to all of this. Thanks to everyone who serves on a jury. Was picked once out of 2 summons but it was just a car accident.

Comment

I take great pride in fulfilling my jury duty service. Lots of folks do their best to get out of it. My feeling is that if I was ever in that unfortunate situation, I'd want people like me on the jury.

I agree with this 100%.

Comment

Well said!

Comment

Only lived here for 8 months and was called for jury duty in a sleepy little town for murder2 weeks ago. The young man was found guilty by a jury of his peers and given the maximum sentence which was 99 years. It’s our duty to serve the community. It surprised me how many got out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    ...or that “Special Place in Hell” we’ve always heard about.
                    This. Somedays when I am reading some of the news articles I get so depressed on how people treat eachother and the only thought that helps me get through it is that there is a special place in hell for some people.

Comment

I would like to serve, but having two law degrees gets me passed any time I've been called.
                      I got called every 2 or 3 years when I lived in Tarrant County. Moved to Parker County in 1999 and have NEVER been called.

Comment

Thanks for serving. It’s an honor to do so.

Comment

I juror on capital murder case last year. His eyes had no soul behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                            Finished with jury duty yesterday. Sent a guy to prison for the rest of his life. Even though I have no doubts he was guilty of the most disgusting of crimes, its weighing a little heavy on my heart today. I think our justice system, even with its flaws, is the best in the world. But its a lot to think about when you are one of the people who make that decision.
                            I think it says a lot about your character that your involvement affects you this way. It means you take it seriously. Even when somebody deserves a severe punishment, it's still a human being we're talking about. In the Proverbs it says, "Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart rejoice when he stumbles" (Proverbs 24:17). That's an attitude that doesn't come naturally for most people.

Comment

I have been picked on 3 jury’s.
                              2 were settled with out a trial.
                              The one that went to trial we convicted and we sentenced him to 60 years.
                              I know someone has to serve but I just can’t get past the judging part.
                              The judge and you will be judged part is what bothers me.

Comment

Thank you for serving. Jury trials can be taxing on all involved. We really appreciate your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X