X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent for healing

Cancer sux.

Comment

You're in the right place at MD. 5 years ago had my first psa test, came back at 56. 6 months hormone therapy to shrink it then surgery and radiation 18 months ago. I was told one of the doctors there will do surgery after radiation but it's much more difficult. The robotic surgery is much easier on the patient, walking a few hours later and home the next day. Lot of different thoughts on radiation vs surgery but I wanted it all the bad tissue out that they could remove.

Comment

Keep us posted on the insurance appeals for Proton Therapy. Cigna denied mine and I went with the more traditional method.

Comment

I am going to my urologist tomorrow for the results from the MRI that I had last Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Prayers for you, and hope the insurance gets straightened out...

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                You're in the right place at MD. 5 years ago had my first psa test, came back at 56. 6 months hormone therapy to shrink it then surgery and radiation 18 months ago. I was told one of the doctors there will do surgery after radiation but it's much more difficult. The robotic surgery is much easier on the patient, walking a few hours later and home the next day. Lot of different thoughts on radiation vs surgery but I wanted it all the bad tissue out that they could remove.
                Glad to hear you had a good experience and appreciate your comments. Working through the appeals process and will make some decisions after that. Will have to weigh the options and side effects depending on outcome of appeals. I agree about wanting it gone so, not a fan of "watchful waiting" or active surveillance although recognize that is the right choice for some.

Comment

Keep us posted on the insurance appeals for Proton Therapy. Cigna denied mine and I went with the more traditional method.
                  Will do. Did your appeals go through to the independent reviewer step? I think after the independent review the only option is a law suit or pick a different treatment. I've read that Medicare approves this treatment almost every time. Since I will be on Medicare at the end of this year my suspicion is that BCBS will simply deny or drag out until Medicare takes over.
                  Last edited by 1riot1ranger; 03-17-2021, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                    Isn't great when Pen Pushers know more that Doctors.....
                    Yes! everyone's complaint. especially when they follow some questionable guideline and never personally see your case.

Comment

I was 43 when I was diagnosed with a PSA over 7. Went and had a biopsy and confirmed cancer. Due to my age, I had it removed completely. Best decision I made. It was advanced in one nodule. Urologist discussed radiation, active monitoring, chemo, etc., but again, based on my age, it was best not to worry about it nor have it spread or come back. Been cancer free for 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                        Will do. Did your appeals go through to the independent reviewer step? I think after the independent review the only option is a law suit or pick a different treatment. I've read that Medicare approves this treatment almost every time. Since I will be on Medicare at the end of this year my suspicion is that BCBS will simply deny or drag out until Medicare takes over.
                        The Proton Center in Dallas tried to get it approved through a couple appeals. They did say Medicare normally approves it but companies like Cigna don’t for prostate cancer. It is slow moving cancer so you have time to work through the process. PM me if you want all the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas 1863 View Post
                          I was 43 when I was diagnosed with a PSA over 7. Went and had a biopsy and confirmed cancer. Due to my age, I had it removed completely. Best decision I made. It was advanced in one nodule. Urologist discussed radiation, active monitoring, chemo, etc., but again, based on my age, it was best not to worry about it nor have it spread or come back. Been cancer free for 3 years.
                          Thanks. I'm surprised by the number who elected surgery. That option bothered me the most due to potential side effects. I'd like to know more about quality of life experiences after surgery. Please feel free to pm.

Comment

I was diagnosed with PC at 57. Chose same option as above. I am aware of three cases personally when the person chose to monitor the cancer. The cancer got out of the prostate then went to other organs and eventually killed them. Total removal was an easy decision for me. Dr John Ward at MD Anderson was highly recommended to me. Good luck and prayers

Comment

Originally posted by TX kyleboy View Post
                              I was diagnosed with PC at 57. Chose same option as above. I am aware of three cases personally when the person chose to monitor the cancer. The cancer got out of the prostate then went to other organs and eventually killed them. Total removal was an easy decision for me. Dr John Ward at MD Anderson was highly recommended to me. Good luck and prayers
                              Wow. Good information and reinforces why active surveillance bothers me. I met Dr. Ward - he performed my latest biopsy - and impressed with him and all the MDA staff. Thanks for the prayers. Love how the green screen can always be counted on.

Comment

Health insurance is a gigantic rip off..Sorry about your troubles.Prayers,and good luck sent!

Comment

Working...
                                X