The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
    What made you choose the super over the 35 r? I’m kinda on the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
    What made you choose the super over the 35 r? I’m kinda on the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    not a lot of difference other than super has internal recording and a little better at detection. Go check out super Hogster vs Hogster 35 on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
      not a lot of difference other than super has internal recording and a little better at detection. Go check out super Hogster vs Hogster 35 on YouTube.

I think the 3x base magnification is a good happy meduim and is a big plus on the Super Hogster as well as having the better microns on the sensor.

Comment

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
        I think the 3x base magnification is a good happy meduim and is a big plus on the Super Hogster as well as having the better microns on the sensor.

Agreed

Comment

Pulsar just dropped the Thermion XM30 this maybe the new conteder for the entry level market guys it looks like. And it includes video recording and all the fun stuff the big boy thermions have at $2300.

You got to play with one of these yet Jason? How does it compare the the hogster 35?

We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

Comment

I was wondering what it was going to be with all the hype ads/promos that has been coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
              Pulsar just dropped the Thermion XM30 this maybe the new conteder for the entry level market guys it looks like. And it includes video recording and all the fun stuff the big boy thermions have at $2300.

You got to play with one of these yet Jason? How does it compare the the hogster 35?

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/collec...32632890720330
              Want to know this info as well.

Comment

I am curious to hear more on this entry level Pulsar and the Hogster. BUT having been in the game for 4 years, I will say you get what you pay for.

I have yet to see a scope that was cheap that could do what the 5-6500 dollar thermals can do.

Comment

I am kind of new to the thermal world but I bought a Pulsar Thermion XP50 last month and I love it. Been giving hogs a night time surprise that they were not ready for.

Has anyone had any issues with the Stream Vision Ap? I lose connection frequently and the videos don't have sound while viewing them on the ap.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederhold View Post
                    I am kind of new to the thermal world but I bought a Pulsar Thermion XP50 last month and I love it. Been giving hogs a night time surprise that they were not ready for.

Has anyone had any issues with the Stream Vision Ap? I lose connection frequently and the videos don't have sound while viewing them on the ap.
                    The app will make you want to throw your phone through the window. It worked flawlessly the first couple times but I cant keep it connected now to do an update. I have an andriod/samsung phone and I have tried to delete and re download the app. Nothing has worked. Very frustrating considering there is a firmware update that I need to do.

I am not sure if you can hear sound on the app, I strongly suggest you just download them directly to your computed. Make sure the audio recording is turned on in the settings of the scope.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      I am curious to hear more on this entry level Pulsar and the Hogster. BUT having been in the game for 4 years, I will say you get what you pay for.

I have yet to see a scope that was cheap that could do what the 5-6500 dollar thermals can do.
                      Agreed. A 300 resolution scope will never look as good as a 600 resolution scope. There are now several good 300 resolution scopes if 600 resolution is not in your budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                        The app will make you want to throw your phone through the window. It worked flawlessly the first couple times but I cant keep it connected now to do an update. I have an andriod/samsung phone and I have tried to delete and re download the app. Nothing has worked. Very frustrating considering there is a firmware update that I need to do.

I am not sure if you can hear sound on the app, I strongly suggest you just download them directly to your computed. Make sure the audio recording is turned on in the settings of the scope.
                        I have an iPhone and I'm able to update the firmware when there's one available. My wife likes to watch what I see when I'm shooting and it dropping out has been a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/collec...32632890720330

I wish it had a manual focus. Fixed focus at 3.5x base mag or I would’ve already ordered one. Interested to hear what Jason says about them as well

Comment

Originally posted by makotex View Post
                            I wish it had a manual focus.
                            Then spend more money.

Having owned two thermals with fixed focus, it’s a non-issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                              Then spend more money.

Having owned two thermals with fixed focus, it’s a non-issue.
                              Yep, adjustable focus is going to up the price..

I personally view the adjustable focus as a necessity....unless you obviously jump in to the high end ones...

You think it’s a non issue in flir 233s/ pulsar rxq’s or are you talking about Nvisions / trijicons ?

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                                Yep, adjustable focus is going to up the price..

I personally view the adjustable focus as a necessity....unless you obviously jump in to the high end ones...

You think it’s a non issue in flir 233s/ pulsar rxq’s or are you talking about Nvisions / trijicons ?
                                Make that three thermals I've owned with fixed focus. You just reminded me that I owned a PTS 233 as well.

Think of adjustable focus on a thermal like adjustable parallax correction on a day scope. Day scopes that have fixed focus are set by the manufacturer at the range they think most people will use them. It's a total non-issue for most shooters. Thermal is basically the same story.

Comment

Working...
                                X