No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my wife's first shot using my Wraith. wrong kinda heart shot, but it dropped him dead.

Comment

Recently got a Thermion XP50 and finally got some video with it. Not the best video, I wish it was an instant drop but I did find him 40 yards away. I think at the end of the video you can see him flop down, initially I thought that was him going over a small hill.

Last edited by Fordnandez; 12-17-2020, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
        Thanks for the suggestion but I am going to have a hard time sitting and watching a 45 minute video.
        Give Jason at Outdoor Legacy Gear a call.

Comment

Good pig videos guys. I love seeing pigs go down.

Comment

Stalked this coyote last night in a cotton patch. Towards the end he started coming to me. No idea why since I wasn't even calling. I think it was just the direction he wanted to come. Red monochrome on the Thermion XQ50.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              my wife's first shot using my Wraith. wrong kinda heart shot, but it dropped him dead.

https://youtu.be/7yOTXjsa9ig
              Hahaha.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been having pretty good luck with calling hogs in

Comment

Love the videos, keep them coming.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post

https://youtu.be/FjBJwMdn6ho
                    Did you get a weight on the second one in the second video?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                      Did you get a weight on the second one in the second video?
                      Yes sir. We started getting the weight on all the bigger hogs we shoot. To be honest I can judge hog weights less now than before. Lol.. it’s crazy how far off we guess. This is one weighed right at 200lbs.

Comment

https://youtu.be/FjBJwMdn6ho
                        Good videos!

Comment

Another coyote video.

Comment

Yes sir. We started getting the weight on all the bigger hogs we shoot. To be honest I can judge hog weights less now than before. Lol.. it’s crazy how far off we guess. This is one weighed right at 200lbs.
                            It is super tough IMO to judge weight and I don't believe what anyone says unless they put it on the scales.

Comment

I agree, pig weights are really tough.

I tried using the hearth girth measurement thing for estimating weight for a while, but honestly I don't think it is much more accurate than guessing. I already had a good hoist that fits the pickup so I went ahead and bought a digital scale and now I weigh everything I am really interested in knowing the weight of. Have shot several around the 190-210 mark lately. Boar a few weeks ago went 224.

Comment

One of my buddies I hunt with has a flatbed duramax with hay forks. He rigged up a scale set up to use on the top of his forks. Back the truck up, tie the legs, and lift it. Scale is already on the forks. Pretty slick and quick setup we use anytime we kill a decent sized hog. It raised a handful of 300+ this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X