My Mini Hunting Lodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
    I’ve been following your progress since the beginning. Lots of fun to watch. Sleeping AC is a game changer. I hear they have some Honda generators that are really quiet, but expensive. Totally worth IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have heard really good things about the predator inverter generator they sell at harbor frieght. They’re quiet like the Honda’s but half the price

Comment

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
      Have heard really good things about the predator inverter generator they sell at harbor frieght. They’re quiet like the Honda’s but half the price

I have the Northern Tool “Powerhorse” branded version and it’s great. We leave it running the whole time we’re there if it’s hot. Not a hiccup since new.

Comment

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post

I’m all about saving some cash. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
          I’ve been following your progress since the beginning. Lots of fun to watch. Sleeping AC is a game changer. I hear they have some Honda generators that are really quiet, but expensive. Totally worth IMO.

I picked up the small AC at Walmart a year (or so) ago, and kept it around for hurricane prep (cool at least a room to sleep). Took it out to the lease with our emergency construction genny and it was just too loud, so I didnt permanently install it. Was going to buy a honda or some other small inverter genny, but never did spend $$$ for it. For another reason all together (picked up a small travel trailer for family vacations) I bought an inverter genny (for dry camping out west/travel). So this past trip out, I installed it. The genny can't even be heard.

I went with the champion 3400W dual fuel inverter. Same price as a 2000W genny... but has a 3yr warranty too, runs propane out of the box, and can run an entire 30A RV, and has electric start. Only bad thing is it is 100lbs bs 50. But I run it put of the back of the truck... and it has the power to do all the things I need a genny for. It can start/run a fridge at the house if the power goes out too.

Comment

I do think this cabin saved me $ when we went looking for a travel trailer (TT) back in the spring. We have been so used to the tiny cabin space that we knew exactly how much space and floorplan would work without being either too small or worse, excessive. We settled on one that was 120 sq-ft... whereas this cabin with the deck is 128 sq-ft.

I told my wife I was worried that the TT experience might spoil me, but I have no intentions on using it at the lease... I have seen what leases do to TTs!!!. I was happy to confirm it was mainly because of the AC. This weekend proved that... once the AC was in place and had cool air... that made all the difference.

Comment

Word! Well done SR[emoji6]

Comment

Pretty sweet build, hadn’t seen the thread in a while and like a few others ran across it. Congrats looks like you and the family will be comfortable while you’re enjoying time at the lease! Thought about converting a small wooden shed at our lease into a small cabin but I just came across a pop-up at a great price. We will see how it holds up this season. Congrats again, looks awesome!

Comment

Good post,really enjoyed it!

Comment

Great thread man! Been a good one to follow

Comment

Very cool build

Comment

Thanks!

Hanging out in the cabin waiting on another Whitetail season to start... good luck to everyone this year.

Comment

Working...
                        X