Winchester Deer Season xp 270 130 gr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winchester Deer Season xp 270 130 gr

I was able to grab a couple boxes at Academy this morning. Has anyone used this ammo? Any thoughts? I normally shoot 130 silver ballistic tips because my gun loves them but I can't find them anywhere. Down to 5 rounds of the ballistic tip.

I just bought 200 rounds of 223 64 grain DS XP. I am hopeful they do well from my 14 inch encore pistol and 18 inch rifle. Good luck on the 270s

Comment

I use federal ballistic tip on deer in a .270 , these Winchester look good to go , I bought some of these for a .223 , 64gr , for my Handi rifle . They my be even better then ballistic tips?

Comment

Thr winchester deer season in 243 are stone cold killers amazing exit wounds

Comment

Terrible groups out of my Vanguard 308. Like Pie plate sized. Federal Fusions will make a ragged hole out of the same gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
            Terrible groups out of my Vanguard 308. Like Pie plate sized. Federal Fusions will make a ragged hole out of the same gun.
            That's what I'm worried about. Only other ammo I have tried in my 270 is winchester accubond 140 gr. 3-4 inch groups was the best I could get. Shoots 3/4 inch groups with the ballistic silvertip. I'm hoping that it likes the 130s and that's why it shot so poorly with the accubond.

Comment

I have shot multiple different types of Winchester ammo in multiple different calibers and chrono graphed most all of them I used and Winchester ammo just isn't that great. In the same box of ammo there might be 200fps + differences in velocity between rounds. If you are looking at shooting 100-150yds from a blind it wont matter but beyond that I would not trust it to be accurate enough for a human kill.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                I have shot multiple different types of Winchester ammo in multiple different calibers and chrono graphed most all of them I used and Winchester ammo just isn't that great. In the same box of ammo there might be 200fps + differences in velocity between rounds. If you are looking at shooting 100-150yds from a blind it wont matter but beyond that I would not trust it to be accurate enough for a human kill.
                Human kill?

Comment

Oh...maybe humane kill.....

Comment

I have 2 boxes of those but mainly shoot the ballistic, they run fine through my gun

Comment

I use 130 Fusions or fed blue box.
                      Tons of hogs over the years and my family’s deer gave me a good sample size
                      To prove they work. Accurate and not expensive.

Comment

I have those same bullets in 223. They were dead on accurate in my gun but haven’t shot anything with them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
                          Thr winchester deer season in 243 are stone cold killers amazing exit wounds
                          X2, same experience in my .243, so should be no problem with them in .270.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                            Oh...maybe humane kill.....
                            Lol yes humane kill

Comment

I use that round in my Savage bull barrel 6.5 CM. It’s nails.

Comment

Working...
                              X