Establishing a trust to own a supressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Husker View Post
    I only had to give the names and birthdates of who I wanted on trust. Silencer Central set it up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When setting up the trust this is all that’s needed. If they are listed as responsible persons on the trust when you file to purchase an item all of the requirements are mandatory for each responsible person on the trust. They may be listed as a beneficiary to the trust and therefore not a responsible person and do not meet the requirements.

This is why I recommend to get your trust drafted my a competent attorney and not buy canned trusts on the internet. You also need to understand all aspects and nuances of your trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
      If the silencer only registered to one person, what happens to the silencer if that person dies?

There are ways to transfer the items tax free on a Form 5. I’m not sure what happens to it until the transfer is complete.

Not to sound like a broken record but a qualified attorney can answer all of the questions being asked here.

Comment

Y’all please stop calling them silencers!

Non hunters and gun fear mongers call it that.

That’s part of the reason there’s so much dang red tape involved in owning one. It’s doesn’t make anything silent like Hollywood movies show them.

It’s just a device to protect hearing loss and it should be sold right over the counter to anyone who can legally own a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Y’all please stop calling them silencers!

Non hunters and gun fear mongers call it that.

That’s part of the reason there’s so much dang red tape involved in owning one. It’s doesn’t make anything silent like Hollywood movies show them.

It’s just a device to protect hearing loss and it should be sold right over the counter to anyone who can legally own a gun.

Non hunters and fear mongers….

I wonder what SILENCERCO, SILENCER Shop, Silencer Central, etc. think about that. Also have you seen one is listed as on a 4473?

I agree with the last part of your rant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Non hunters and fear mongers….

I wonder what SILENCERCO, SILENCER Shop, Silencer Central, etc. think about that. Also have you seen one is listed as on a 4473?

I agree with the last part of your rant.

Not to mention Hiram Percy Maxim who invented and patented the SILENCER.

I tend to call them suppressors, but who cares what you call them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X