No announcement yet.

2021 Gardening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im curious, how many of yall grow stuff in your garden for personal use vs selling to people/farmers markets? I grow mostly Peaches, Blueberries, and Jalapenos but in bulk. Ill take a little for myself here and there but I mostly grow to sell as a fun side hustle. Ill admit, its more fun than hustle...

Comment

What do you use and how do you install it to keep the birds and squirrels out of your raised gardens?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
        What do you use and how do you install it to keep the birds and squirrels out of your raised gardens?

Thanks,
        Pellet gun.

Comment

Rookie question here. I thought I found a good use for all the spare platic containers i had laying around, until i saw the size of the drain holes. Will this still protect peppers/tomatoes enough or do i need to break out some tarps?
          Supposed to be 36 where im at. Do yall cover corn and potatoes, or will they be fine?
          Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            Pellet gun.
            ditto

Comment

Hope it don't frost in my area. Just replanted the Black eye and green beans........ The two hail storms caused many problems.

Comment

Those plastic containers should work fine

Comment

36 probably won’t hurt corn or potatoes

Comment

Coming along slowly but surely.

Comment

Same here. Ready for some warmer weather to speed things up. Do finally have a few tiny peppers, tomatoes, and squash on the vine though. I decided to mulch almost the whole garden this year. Pleased with it so far, the weeds are so much more managable.

Comment

Heres the main garden

Comment

Here’s today
                          Green bells

Habaneros

Maters

Chilitepin

Bulgarian carrot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We just put in a small 4x8 bed and have a little cedar planter box. First time trying watermelons. Hoping they turn out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2021 Gardening Thread

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                              We just put in a small 4x8 bed and have a little cedar planter box. First time trying watermelons. Hoping they turn out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few tips.....you need double or triple the space you think you need. And make sure you got some pollinators around. Melons aren’t typically self pollinators. Get a few flowers in there to attract some or else you will have very poor yields. Also they need tons of water.

Edit: also if you got a seedless variety you will need to grow a seeded variety along side it. The seedless melons can’t pollinate themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Last edited by FLASH_OUTDOORS; 04-29-2021, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                Pellet gun.
                                Me too. Man, the cat's have "acquired" a taste for the tree rats. Nothing but the tail is left when there done with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X