Thank You TBH. Garguys Hard Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You TBH. Garguys Hard Week

First line here is thank you all! I can't write the entire week in detail or it would lock the server but I would like to touch on the challenges I faced and the importance of prayer.

After months of back problems I fell ill suddenly last Saturday while working on food plots. Lots of pain from my ribs down. Bladder locked up and in a few minutes went from no fever to 102. Went to urgent doc and was a wasted trip. Got home and by 2am fever was 105 plus and vomiting. Headed to er at St Luke's where I was admitted with a massive urinary tract infection.

Next day learned the initial cultures indicated EColi and it was now septic. Thus began a downward spiral that I won't even try to describe. Every part of my body now involved.

Johnny graciously started a prayer thread for me here. I was updating johnny but the bad news was rolling in so fast I just couldn't share it. I just asked for continued urgent prayer. As I was able I read the amazing amount of heart felt prayer.

Tuesday afternoon I pretty much crashed for a second time. As they were dragging me to cat scan I just txt the word pray to Charlie. When my nursing shifted changed that night, nurses from 3 floors came to my room. Many years in their eyes. It was clear. There was little expectation they would see me again. The resulting prayers were answered.

The Good lord turned the ship that night. This afternoon I was released from the hospital. I have some serious issues to deal with in the coming weeks but hope to do most from an out patient perspective. Continued prayers requested.

Now back to the point. At one time I answered almost every prayer tread with a heart felt an inspired prayer. After the crazy texastornado fiasco I was hurt and just quit. Mind you I didn't quit praying for folks but quit sharing from my heart. In some cases I never even posted a prayers sent any more. Though I prayed.

I think I was wrong. Reading that thread and the prayers on it gave me strength and hope. Stimulated my faith as well. Even the short reply represented a person in agreement. I really want to thank every one of you.

I had more offers of help than I can count. I mean everything from food to helping my parents to hunting my secret stands for me! Lol. One offer included a plane at my service and getting me to any hospital on earth where I might get treatment. That's TBH in action.

I know there are lots of prayer threads. I can tell you they are important and impactful. Thank you again members and the Admin for this function of the forum. Steve
    Last edited by GarGuy; 09-11-2020, 01:45 PM.

Amen!

Comment

Your still here, so he ain't ready for you to be home just yet! He's got work for ya here!

Comment

God is great all day every day.

Comment

God is good.

Comment

Great testimony and continue prayers for a full recovery.

Rwc

Comment

I am glad that you were released and hopefully on a speedy recovery. Will continue to send up prayers.

Comment

There's proof in prayer. I don't know you personally but I feel that we are connected with the knowledge you share and the posts you make. Great news. Now we can't forget to pray that your future issues are conquered with minimal struggle.

Back in action just in time to deer hunt!

Comment

God is good! Continued prayers for a full recovery

Comment

Great to see you posting. Continued thoughts and prayers for a good guy. I don’t know you personally but I like reading your threads and your posts. God bless

Comment

Continuing prayers .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great post Steve! Prayers still being sent your way. So very glad they are not condolences for your family! Keep on fighting and get back after it!

Comment

I share your feelings after that fiasco... I quit posting prayers up, but silently kept praying. I think a lot of folks feel the same way.

A few years ago, my wife was in the same boat as you were. UTI developed into sepsis, she spent 14 days in the hospital, 5 of those in ICU. If we waited another 3-5 hours, she would not be here now.

I will offer this, take it easy for a couple of weeks. Your body needs time to regain your strength.

So glad you are on the road to recovery.

Comment

Glad ur feeling better Garguy and are on the road to recovery. Look forward to reading ur hunting threads this deer season. Continued prayers for full and fast healing

Comment

Glad to have you back my friend!

Comment

Working...
                              X