Sheet metal roof ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheet metal roof ....

Has anyone used a sheet metal roof on some of their blind builds. I’ve seen some of the higher end blinds that have them. Just wondering if has had one made and what’s a ballpark cost. I like the looks and weight.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do one then you better insulate it. Besides the heat coming through, if it rains it will be so loud in it you won't be able to think.

Comment

That is all we use on our blinds, and it works great. As stated above, you will want to use some cellotex foam board to insulate it, and close up the air gaps for bugs. we also put a good foot of clearance front and back, for drips. I notice that many only have an inch or so, which doesn't provide much shade or protection from blowing rain.

Comment

We have several all are insulated two oldest ones are nearly 20 years old still going strong

Comment

Either insulate it or put plywood down first then the metal.

Comment

R-Panel by me is about $2 a ft. Shouldn't cost very much to cover a blind

Comment

Had a friend that had a Mueller building build and had some left over. FREE I included to my 4X8 Deer Condo on top of the 1/2 plywood roofing. Had to drive over to Mueller and buy the enclosure foam to keep out the wasps but it was like $5. Last a lifetime

Comment

Used it lots Its lighter than Ply wood and cheaper and last long..Fit pieces of foam insulation board in to quieten and insulate some....Put on with screws and its easy on and off with drill/driver..
                only downside is edges are sharp..
                I just bought a 12' x 36" U panel /sheet at Muller ..aprox $25 and thats 26ga...Way cheaper and thicker than big box stores

Comment

Works good. Just do as others have said with closures and such. Also to keep the cost down, which shouldn’t be much to begin with, ask for “seconds” or cover sheets. Colors may be different but that never really mattered to my deer.

Comment

Did my blind with used R panel a friend gave me. Foamed the gaps on the edge. No insulation, but my blinds under trees.

Comment

I've done them with R panel before. Trying to find a place that has flat sheet metal where I can wrap edges and screw to sides then coat it good, run a brace across it inside and insulate it. Getting my window trim in Jacksonville the guy said the didn't do pieces that were big enough for a 6x6 roof.

Comment

Originally posted by AD88 View Post
                        I've done them with R panel before. Trying to find a place that has flat sheet metal where I can wrap edges and screw to sides then coat it good, run a brace across it inside and insulate it. Getting my window trim in Jacksonville the guy said the didn't do pieces that were big enough for a 6x6 roof.
                        Flat sheet metal will be 4'x8' or 4'x12'

I'd just buy a piece of 3'x12' R panel and put the proper trim around the edges

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                          Flat sheet metal will be 4'x8' or 4'x12'

I'd just buy a piece of 3'x12' R panel and put the proper trim around the edges

[emoji106]

Comment

I build them with R panel. It's usually tear of from demo jobs. He to seal a few scew holes but it works well.

Gary

Comment

Finally got windows cut and trim installed. 2 8x16s for side and1 12x36 in front.
                              Buddy gave me some RV roofing, going to use plywood glue down roofing material, then run 2” angle flashing around edge. Will take finished pics ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X