Monitoring Teens Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitoring Teens Phone

Do any of you monitor your child's Iphone? Overall my son is doing good but I would like to monitor his phone for piece of mind. I do not mind the monthly charge or even jailbreaking if need be. I am lost with all the choices. Please share what you use and details on how it is working.

Thanks,
    Monty

Check into teen safe...we use it. Also use life 360

Comment

Yep, my wife has all their passwords to social media, can see texts, whatever comes across their phones. Also, we use life360.

Comment

Life 360 here.

Comment

Honestly you have to. I even put a tracker on my daughters truck when she turned 16. I gave her my truck and told her the rules. Next thing you know she is letting her boyfriend drive it going 100 plus MPH. Told her my friends saw my truck hauling ***** and of course she denied it. She went places and lied about where she was. When I said friends saw my truck at another location she would get quiet but still deny it. I think it tamed some of her actions worrying about who might see her. She only found out the truth after she turned 20. Only then did she admit all of it. It's called being a parent.

Comment

We don’t allow them to have electronics. Phones are old school, used ONLY to call us or we call them. You’d be surprised how they don’t miss what they don’t need.

Comment

Good for you parents that do monitor your kids phones,and thank you for being a parent first!

Comment

Yes, we not only monitor but we control the phone. I pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                  We don’t allow them to have electronics. Phones are old school, used ONLY to call us or we call them. You’d be surprised how they don’t miss what they don’t need.

Wow-I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I wasn't sure how this was going to go. Although my oldest is the only actual teen, they have made it clear that they don't want a smart phone even if we'd let them. They see kids their age that are glued to devices ALL the time and don't envy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife is like the KGB.

Comment

I have 3 kids. The youngest is now 17. I have tried to raise my kids to be responsible. No way in hell would I snoop on one of their phones. How do parents expect kids to make the right decisions later in life if he constantly hover and monitor them as teens? I have seen so many cases where parents are constantly in their kids business...those kids go to college and guess what? They finally get a little freedom and they have no clue how to handle it. Back when I went to college we had a kid that way. He was a National Merit Scholar. He could have played college baseball but he was there it study......Last I heard he sold 25 kilos of heroin to an undercover cop. Don't get me wrong. We are active in our kids lives but you got to give them some freedom now if you expect them to handle it later.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                        I have 3 kids. The youngest is now 17. I have tried to raise my kids to be responsible. No way in hell would I snoop on one of their phones. How do parents expect kids to make the right decisions later in life if he constantly hover and monitor them as teens? I have seen so many cases where parents are constantly in their kids business...those kids go to college and guess what? They finally get a little freedom and they have no clue how to handle it. Back when I went to college we had a kid that way. He was a National Merit Scholar. He could have played college baseball but he was there it study......Last I heard he sold 25 kilos of heroin to an undercover cop. Don't get me wrong. We are active in our kids lives but you got to give them some freedom now if you expect them to handle it later.

-john

I tend to agree here. Too much bubble wrap around your kids is setting them up to fail. Be involved, build a relationship on trust and God and they will be well adjusted to the world when it’s time to push them out of the nest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
                          Honestly you have to. I even put a tracker on my daughters truck when she turned 16. I gave her my truck and told her the rules. Next thing you know she is letting her boyfriend drive it going 100 plus MPH. Told her my friends saw my truck hauling ***** and of course she denied it. She went places and lied about where she was. When I said friends saw my truck at another location she would get quiet but still deny it. I think it tamed some of her actions worrying about who might see her. She only found out the truth after she turned 20. Only then did she admit all of it. It's called being a parent.
                          Good lord, sounds just like my 17yo daughter.

Comment

I use MMguardian and it works well.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post

-john
                              IMO it depends on the kid. My younger brother and I turned out quite differently. He has spent time in jail etc. I am as square as they come. I made a very poor choice when choosing the mother of my 2 oldest kids. Thankfully my oldest son is a good kid ( not perfect, but good ). My oldest daughter is a freaking nightmare. Nobody on this planet has brought me more pain. And thats saying a lot considering Ive been cheated on ( by her mother ) and in some folks opinions ( not necessarily mine ) abused as a kid.

Comment

Working...
                              X