No announcement yet.

Kids and phones ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 for both girls because of sports or would of waited till high school. No social media and they are limited on time also. Momma got these pretty much locked down ....

Comment

I will try and hold off till HS, I have had to attend numerous Continuing Ed class on the effects of technology on kids. After one session we have decided to take all iPads and computers away, also zero video games. Since the change (which was difficult) our house has been so much better. Cell phones can cause loads of problems for kids, definitely not a easy subject.

Comment

With girls 27

Boys 15/16

Comment

Originally posted by Terran28 View Post
          When they can pay their own bill. I am not buying them one and they can buy one themselves when they get a job. Same with cars. Worked for me and has worked for my oldest, 2 more kids to go...
          Word. I believe if they dont earn it...they wont appreciate the work to get one and therefore will be careless. When it breaks theyll say...“Oh just buy a new one”...BullFS. Do without.

I like Sacketts tactic too.

My kids latch onto and abscond with my wifes phone. She is always looking for it. They know better than to try that with Dads phone.

Good luck Mr Strummer. Ill be in your shoes soon.

Comment

Thanks guys . My girl is 9 now . I’m going to try to hold off as long as I can .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              Thanks guys . My girl is 9 now . I’m going to try to hold off as long as I can .
              Try? You are the parent! You can do it, all you have to do is just say No

Comment

Working...
              X