No announcement yet.

2021 Gardening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pick of the year. Beans jumped out ahead of everything.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Are those bush or pole beans ? Mine are slowly coming along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bush

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
          Bush

Dang, my bush beans ain’t nowhere near that far along. Yours look great.

Comment

We will be picking beans next week. Probably some cucumbers too. Tomatoes won't be far behind. Peppers are lagging.

Comment

We have picked 15lbs of green beans this week and probably 30-40 squash/zucchini since Sunday. Garden is on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our garden is loaded with carrots. We planted them 3 weeks before eveything froze over and deemed them dead. Then outta know where they ALL came back with a vengeance. We have been grilling carrots, boiling carrots, sauté carrots, juicing carrots, roasting carrots. My son even threw a carrot at a wild rabbit in our backyard today begging for it to start eating them.
                I also pulled and discarded about 20lb's of lettuce from the garden today. It was a new lettuce that i bought from home depot before the freeze to try. It..like the carrots came back strong. But my wife doesnt like it.the stems have a white sap in them as also the veins of the leaves..making it bittery. Gonna have to scratch this one off the list.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                  First pick of the year. Beans jumped out ahead of everything.

I picked 3 of these buckets today, pinto snap, Roma snap, and Kentucky Blue Lake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD748E23-E1D9-4321-A9D5-EEC2C7644D7D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	24650525

Comment

I thought I got a jump start on everything. Got the snap beans and sweet corn planted first, about the first week in March. Then, April 4, I planted everything else. That was purple hull, cream peas, and watermelons. Must have gotten bad seed cause I ended up replanting all of those about the end of April. This is the beans and corn.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1DB0F0C8-C75A-4152-B14D-1017E922F96A.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	24650526

Comment

What is eating my pepper plants and is this a fungus on my tomatoes? Thanks in advance!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                        What is eating my pepper plants and is this a fungus on my tomatoes? Thanks in advance!

Sevin dust and prune lower limbs on maters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great thank you, i have the spray does that work as well?

Comment

Peppers will be fine but sevin dust wouldn't hurt. Blight on tomatoes.

Comment

I’m finding snails, time for some epsom salts on the soil. Also have stink bugs on my tomatoes.

Comment

Have small fruit on squash plants, just hoping I can get one harvest before the squash bugs get them.

Comment

Working...
                                X