Now there is a chicken shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
    I own a chicken restaurant and the price is through the roof right now. last year at this time I was paying .90 per lb for bone in whole chicken. Today I paid $1.36 per lb. Whole wings to make buffalo wings are $3.20 per lb. and when you can actually get them you better stock up. Tenders normally run around $1.50 per lb. and are $2.79 now. Every week I say to myself it has to level off but it just keeps going up.
    Raise your prices. People don’t care what anything cost when they are spending handouts.

Comment

I went to sam's to get steaks for Mother's day. This is up 45% in a year

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
        If you look, everyone is having a hard time hiring workers The gov't created this mess. Not surprised. They screw up everything they touch.
        Was just having this conversation with one of our customers who is a small contractor. Said he's taking longer to do all of his jobs because he can't find help. People have too many demands when you just need some labor. Everyone is like cousin Eddie; holding out for a management position

Comment

Well ladies and gents i guess we are
          all going to have to eat more vegatables.

Comment

Getting shot at my house. Had 9 a month and a half ago but something keeps killing them

Comment

Well it won't get better with more free money on the way. Monthly payments this time.

"If you're a family headed by a couple earning less than $150,000 or an individual making under $75,000, you're slated to get a $250 monthly payment for each of your kids ages 6 to 17, from July through December. For children under 6, you'll receive $300"

Comment

Well that’s chicken sh*t!

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                  Biden is fixing the labor problem

With immigration policy
                  Post of the week nomination!!!!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Well it won't get better with more free money on the way. Monthly payments this time.

"If you're a family headed by a couple earning less than $150,000 or an individual making under $75,000, you're slated to get a $250 monthly payment for each of your kids ages 6 to 17, from July through December. For children under 6, you'll receive $300"
                    Do cat`s count ?

Mine lay`s around the house. Never wants to go outside, eats for free and he`s lazy.

Just like some millennials I know.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      I worked in a poultry processing plant and the turnover was horrendous under normal circumstances. With the amount of stimulus money and unemployment payments being handed out I have no doubt they are having a hard time keeping employees and causing a constraint on supply.
                      I worked in a poultry processing plant too and experienced the same thing. Turn over was ridiculous. The plane actually traveled to El Paso on recruiting trips to bring people back to ETX who would work.

Comment

Copper could get to $20k/ton

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                          Just two days ago I overheard a conversation involving a AAA baseball operations person who said flat out, they can't find people to hire and are running very short staffed. The labor shortage is real in certain industries for sure. I also just read an article the other day that said an economic analysis showed that the break even point is $32k/yr in annual income where it becomes more advantageous to be on unemployment/covid payments than work. With the extra money being given to the dead beats and having it extended several times by our wonderful govt, lower wage earners have been incentivized to stay home and collect welfare.
                          $32000 is the magic number, I am watching this exact conversation on Fox business as I type this , Biden wants a backdoor grant program for small businesses, Montana governor is on tv talking about it for summer tourism industry

Comment

Here in Nacogdoches Pilgrims is advertising a starting salary of $17.50/hr and a sign on bonus of like $1650 and can't get people to go to work at the chicken plant.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                              $32000 is the magic number, I am watching this exact conversation on Fox business as I type this , Biden wants a backdoor grant program for small businesses, Montana governor is on tv talking about it for summer tourism industry
                              I've been unemployed for almost 3 months. Getting a few bites and interviews, but every time I think I'm going to receive an offer they pull the program.

It's kind of strange, everyone is looking for staff but the jobs aren't being filled. I'm seeing repeat postings on Linkedin for the same job week after week.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I haven’t heard about this one yet . When is it supposed to start ?

Comment

Working...
                                X