Choosing a lake in TX to live on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
    Its funny you bring up meth heads. I used to think they were all in E. Texas but the 'drug bust in Brady' thread and now your comment tells me they are all over the place!
    Meth heads are everywhere! With that being said, for some reason, meth heads are attracted to water. It doesnt matter if it's a river or lake, they will be close!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Like to live on a lake but for me a central location between several good lakes would be a choice and trailer the boat to my favorite of the month lake. I hope to find a few buildable acres someday soon myself. Probably end up in a subdivision in a small town area.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
        Somewhere we’re it rains a bunch, east Texas
        Bought a place on Tbend 6 weeks ago or so. Rains almost everyday... crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
          North end of Toledo Bend. Lots of National Forest so not lots of houses. South end has way more traffic. I live on the lake near Huxley Bay.
          Yep, I have a family place on Patroon I will retire to.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Jen and I built a house on Lake Livingston in 2015, we thought we’d retire to some day. Outstanding fishing for catfish and white bass. Good crappie fishing. The lake was awesome! The surrounding areas are not.

Sold it and bought more land. If I’m gonna have tweakers for neighbors, I don’t want to have to see them.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            You owe me a key board sir........................LOL

Rwc

Comment

None. Want to be away from people in the woods

Comment

I always wanted to retire to a bigger lake, but now I think either a smaller lake, or even private owed water is way better option. You can look for the right property to build a small lake, buy a property with one, or find a smaller lake that doesn't support mega sized boats. I'm not one for crowds though.

Comment

I would have to think hard about Caddo lake. Since I grew up in MS/LA that takes me back to my upbringing with the cypress trees and Spanish moss everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We lived on Lake Whitney for several years when we go out of college. Always liked it. Good fishing and not real crowded on the week days. We always kept our boat in the water and would go out and fish or ski in the evenings. Weekend is a different story. It gets crowded like most every other lake does. I think Tweekers are drawn to all lakes.

Comment

No votes for Lake Victor???

Comment

Lake Cypress Springs

Comment

Duck hunting possibilities would definitely be a plus

Comment

I would go with a private lake community like Camp Creek, Echo, Athens F&G, etc....

Comment

We have a place on Cypress Springs. Having a boat house is certainly a huge plus. At only a little over 3400 acres, it starts feeling small. I don't see myself retiring to it full time but, it certainly is a beautiful lake where I could imagine spending about 50% of my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                                We have a place on Cypress Springs. Having a boat house is certainly a huge plus. At only a little over 3400 acres, it starts feeling small. I don't see myself retiring to it full time but, it certainly is a beautiful lake where I could imagine spending about 50% of my time.
                                I like it because it's relatively quiet without a million boats.

Comment

Working...
                                X