Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold failure?

Ever had a Leupold failure?
    Had a vx2 on a ruger 77 for years and it shot great. Recently had it start shooting 3-4” groups.

Went through all the trouble shooting. Shot multiple types of different Ammo, took scope off to check bases and rings, re torqued action screws and hell even had the gun glass bedded... Still shot 3-4” groups.. put a Zeiss on the gun and now it consistently shoots less than 1”.

Just now went online to Leupold and filled out a return. I’m a huge Leupold fanboy and have them on all of my rifles except for the 1 Zeiss that I have had for years. Will see what they say I guess

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
    Had a vx2 on a ruger 77 for years and it shot great. Recently had it start shooting 3-4” groups.

Went through all the trouble shooting. Shot multiple types of different Ammo, took scope off to check bases and rings, re torqued action screws and hell even had the gun glass bedded... Still shot 3-4” groups.. put a Zeiss on the gun and now it consistently shoots less than 1”.

Just now went online to Leupold and filled out a return. I’m a huge Leupold fanboy and have them on all of my rifles except for the 1 Zeiss that I have had for years. Will see what they say I guess
    I too am a fan, and have one Ziess scope on my Browning Xbolt 300 win mag and Leupold on the rest of my rifles.
    Had one Leupold scope that i couldn't sight in, sent it to Lupold and was told erector was loose ,tightened it up and sent it back, still wont use that scope.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post

I too am a fan, and have one Ziess scope on my Browning Xbolt 300 win mag and Leupold on the rest of my rifles.
      Had one Leupold scope that i couldn't sight in, sent it to Leupold and was told erector was loose ,tightened it up and sent it back, still wont use that scope.
      It cost one good buck, not gonna chance that again.

Comment

It’s is extremely rare but they will make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My brother had an old VXIII that lost it's nitrogen and they sent him a brand new upgraded model.

Comment

Can’t beat their warranty

Comment

I had a Vari X II that went bad on me. Sent it in, and they sent me a new VX Freedom. They also called wanting to know what model I wanted

Comment

I’ve had it happen once on a very old leupold they sent me a brand new one and asked what model I wanted

Might check to see if your barrel is coppered up if you have shot it quite a bit

Comment

Their warranty Dept has been great to me. They are sending me a new pair binoculars any day now.

Comment

I had an very old 2 x 7 that went south. They sent a new one to replace, the old one. My only minor complaint was that it didn't have a glossy finish.

Comment

I had one failure since the mid 70's and all I use are Leupold scopes.
                      I sent in a scope that needed a taller turret so I could put a CDS dial on it. Somehow they go something wrong inside and it would not adjust. Sent it back and they fixed it no problem.
                      Lifetime warranty? Yea, I will buy Leupold any day of the week.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My stepdad bought one at a pawn shop that was messed up. Sent it back and got a new one. Buddy from work had a brother that had one fog up because he was breathing on it. Got a replacement. I’ve never used their warranty, but I like the scopes I have.

Comment

They will repair or replace it! Only had one issue in 50 years. Sent them a 10 year scope, they sent me a new, updated scope.

Comment

Lifetime fan, no problems here but it sounds like that's your issue. As others have said, Leupold has always been known for their excellent warranty program. Send it in and they will take great care of you.

Comment

Testing out the Leupold repair process myself this week.

Bought a pair of scopes for the price of one and the second was damaged, definitely not a defect and mentioned that in the form. Fully expecting to have to pay for repairs, but since it is a 1984 scope I'm wondering what they will offer or if they will just ship it back

Comment

Working...
                              X