• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Compassionate God

Our Compassionate God
    Patricia Raybon
    You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes. Psalm 138:7

The winter night was cold when someone threw a large stone through a Jewish child’s bedroom window. A star of David had been displayed in the window, along with a menorah to celebrate Hanukkah, the Jewish Festival of Lights. In the child’s town of Billings, Montana, thousands of people—many of them believers in Jesus—responded to the hateful act with compassion. Choosing to identify with the hurt and fear of their Jewish neighbors, they pasted pictures of menorahs in their own windows.
    As believers in Jesus, we too receive great compassion. Our Savior humbled Himself to live among us (John 1:14), identifying with us. On our behalf, He, “being in very nature God . . . made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant” (Philippians 2:6–7). Then, feeling as we feel and weeping as we weep, He died on a cross, sacrificing His life to save ours.
    Nothing we struggle with is beyond our Savior’s concern. If someone “throws rocks” at our lives, He comforts us. If life brings disappointments, He walks with us through despair. “Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar” (Psalm 138:6). In our troubles, He preserves us, stretching out His hand against both “the anger of [our] foes” (v. 7) and our own deepest fears. Thank You, God, for Your compassionate love.
    In what areas of your life do you need God’s compassion? How can you show His care and love to others?
    O God, I thank You for understanding my struggles and comforting me with loving care.
    Dr. Stanley

Great word Bill, thanks!

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

Amen, thank you Bro Bill.

Comment

Amen, thank you sir.

Comment

Amen! Thanks for posting Bro. Bill

Comment

Amen

Comment

Amen!

Comment

wow! thanks,

Comment

Amen! Have a great day folks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Love this!

Comment

Amen, Bro. Bill. Great devotional and reminder.

Comment

Amen

Comment

Thank you! These have become a highlight of my day when you post these.

Comment

Working...
                            X