If You Don’t Fight Lust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
    Thought this was a hunting site, not religious. But for those that need a crutch, have at it.
    Jesus Christ is the Crutch of life!! You said well!
    And I’m a ole deer hunting back woods country redneck that’s been reborn
    There is. Lot of post on here I don’t read.. I just skip on by not running my pie hole..
    Be blessed

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
      Yes, I was brought up with the belief 'once Saved, always Saved' - the only catch being - are you really saved? Did you turn from your sin, repent of it & try to do better?

If you live a life where no one can tell if you are a Christian or not, that probably isn't a good thing.

If you said the right words, at the right time, but you're life didn't change at all, that probably isn't a good thing. And I have no idea how many people this would apply to. It certainly isn't my place to judge.

But Jesus died for all Sin - past, present & future. A Saved Christian who backslides, is still a Saved Christian. Hopefully he'll repent.

The old devil is pretty good at what he does. Look at the world today. I'd imagine he'd rather trip up a Christian than a non-Christian.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only sin that can't be forgiven is the sin of never accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior.
      Well said

If I say 2+2 = 43 and I truly believe it, it don’t change fact

A HUGE PERCENTAGE of “cultural Christian” THINK they are by ritual or works. I’m not gonna judge, God knows their heart

Look to Christ, not human examples. Christ lead the boy example

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

A wise man told me many years ago "Love God before women or you will find much trouble in life".

He was right!

Comment

And if I dont God will burn me forever? That doesn't sound like a loving God I want to worship sorry. That doesn't sit well with me. I know most of you are good guys, not trying to start mess, that's just how I feel. I hold no ill will towards any of you, in fact I was raised in the church. Ya'll have a great afternoon.
            No worries bud. Just know there’s gonna be a bunch of imperfect people praying for you today.

And yes, it’s completely understandable the way you feel. I’ve had this conversation countless times. The church as a whole, has done a horrible job of reaching out and being accepting of people who may not fit their mold for Christianity, which is counterproductive to Christ’s teaching. We are called to LOVE above all else. We have failed, collectively. But a glorious day awaits. Have a great day brother.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
              Well said. Even in parts of the world where they require women to be wrapped up in a gunny sack and wear a hijab there is lust.

My 12 year old loves the Stones' song "Paint it Black." Whenever I catch him checking out someone he says, "Dad, I'm just turning my head until my darkness goes." I think it is completely natural and, as you stated, is unavoidable.
              It’s awesome that your 12yr old loves the Stones,you must be doing something right👍🏼 As far as lust goes a buddy once told me,looking at a woman and liking her is natural but lusting after them is a sin,just because a bird lands on your head doesn’t mean you gotta let it build a nest.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                A wise man told me many years ago "Love God before women or you will find much trouble in life".

He was right!
                And thank you for sharing

Comment

So, what is a Christian anyway, what's the point?
                  is the gospel really about going to heaven and not hell?

Comment

Judgemental condemnation and hypocrisy are why people run from "church" and "religion".

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
                    Ephesians 2:8*-‬9
                    I'm here to tell you that staying married to one woman for your whole life is a lot of work.
                    Telling that man to go back to the wife is a work.
                    Won't save him.

Trusting in and relying Upon Jesus to take care of your sin debt is what gets you to heaven. Because there is absolutely nothing you can do about your sin debt without Him.
                    Jesus gives us freedom through salvation, without free will we can't choose to do good or evil . When we choose to do good we show Him love, Works without love is pointless.
                    Works without free will it's pointless.
                    We don't actually have free will ,if choosing to Sin, sends us to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Texbow View Post
                      Feel free to skip right over any thread that triggers you. I bet you can't count the number of threads and post on this forum that are not related to hunting. I'll pray for your ignorance and your jab at Christianity. Lust is not my biggest challenge to overcome but turning the other cheek is.
                      Preach Brother, that last line is one of the best I've seen on here in a good while.

Comment

Sorry guys the 90% of Christians who are hypocrites have ruined it for me, among other things. If I look at Christians and cant tell a difference in them then what's the point. I just chuckle when I see a so called christians who sin just as bad as or worse than others in some cases but they go to a building ever Sunday so it's ok !
                        then maybe you should focus on the other 10%!

Many people make the same claim or statement,,, but remember this , their goodness or sinful nature has no bearing on your relationship with Christ,,,, like you a great many people can not see the difference between claiming to be or being "religious" and being a Christian... your relationship or lack of has nothing to do with others actions, thoughts or speech ,,

Christ is a personal savior, going to church does not make anyone a Christian,,it does not make them "saved" either, being Christ like in thought and action makes a person Christian.... the best man to ever walk earth was a sinner,,,, no better or no worse than you , their decision and abilities to follow Christ's teachings and example are what set them apart,,,,

follow a blind man and you both fall over the same object,,, follow a person who follows the life of Christ and he will keep you from falling, and even if you do fall down, he will be their to help you up, not to push you back down... do not depend on what you see in other men to be a deciding factor in your life....especially as to what a Christian is supposed to be like,,, let Christ show you through his spirit what is He is like.....

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                          There's the problem right there^^^^

If you're looking at people you will be disappointed EVERY SINGLE TIME. We are all sinners and not a single one of us is good. If we were there would be no need for God's Grace now would there? This thread obviously triggered you or you would not have responded. That's when we are convicted whether you want to admit it or not. God knocked, you slammed the door on him. He won't bust it down, but if you ever open it to him he'll take you back with open arms.

P.S. I slam it on him sometimes too.

Well said Slayer.

And thank you Bill for the post.

Comment

you cant lose your salvation

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                              then maybe you should focus on the other 10%!

Many people make the same claim or statement,,, but remember this , their goodness or sinful nature has no bearing on your relationship with Christ,,,, like you a great many people can not see the difference between claiming to be or being "religious" and being a Christian... your relationship or lack of has nothing to do with others actions, thoughts or speech ,,

Christ is a personal savior, going to church does not make anyone a Christian,,it does not make them "saved" either, being Christ like in thought and action makes a person Christian.... the best man to ever walk earth was a sinner,,,, no better or no worse than you , their decision and abilities to follow Christ's teachings and example are what set them apart,,,,

follow a blind man and you both fall over the same object,,, follow a person who follows the life of Christ and he will keep you from falling, and even if you do fall down, he will be their to help you up, not to push you back down... do not depend on what you see in other men to be a deciding factor in your life....especially as to what a Christian is supposed to be like,,, let Christ show you through his spirit what is He is like.....
                              Amen
                              Well said

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                                then maybe you should focus on the other 10%k!

Thank you Sir!
                                Bro. Bill,
                                I also appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and interpretations on this forum.
                                Last edited by tps7742; 07-28-2020, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X